Header install ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Header install ?

Looks like the snow has stopped... at least for the rest of the day. I have broken studs on my passanger side exhaust manifold. Now that it's finally cold, the leak has gotten more noticable. Noticable enough that it's driving me crazy. I got a great deal on some Edelbrock shorties, so I'm gonna replace everything out with these. There's a good chance that I am only gonna get one side done before the snow starts flying again. So, my question is, is this gonna cause me trouble? Having one shortie header and one OEM manifold?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would think it would be fine as long as the 02 senser and the rest of the emission stuff is all there.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Good luck i just looked at my 97 after i bought Gibson shorties and declined trying. It cost me $550.00 labor and $150.00 in parts to get them done by my mechanic.It needed a EGR tube a coupler and a new oil dipstick.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang... I put gibson shorties on in 4 hours, no problems at all, didnt have to buy an egr tube or dipstick... But I have dynatech long tubes now, took 2 hours to take shorties off and put them on, easily done. I wouldnt waste the money on shorties, I gained absolutely no hp or torque with shorties, and 30hp and 35ftlbs with the long tubes...

Old 01-27-2007, 12:05 AM
One last stinking stud! Took about 2 hrs for all the nuts, pulling the manifold, and getting the studs out. All but the one. Three were already broken off, but all the studs came out with out too much trouble. No welder, but double nutting worked. Of all the stupid things though... the last one broke off right between the threaded sections. Only reason I haven't gotten the darn thing out yet is cause I can't get a nut onto it. Got too dark and cold to keep at it, so I'll have another go at it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Header install ?