vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy vibration

This has probably been discussed but I am new to this forum.
I have a 2004 f15o supercrew with 3200 miles, bought it at one of those year end closeout sales last month, anyway it vibrates at highway speeds and is pretty wild pulling a trailer. I have had it in the shop for a good bit of the time I have had it. so far they have replaced all four tires and the driveshaft but has not helped. Has anyone here had this problem? I have noticed a few complaints about vibration problems and wondered if anyone has had this problem and Ford has been able to fix it.
papa

Old 03-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Man, I would have thought this repetative issue would have been resolved after 8 years?!?

Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Evidently not!
Do you mean you think ford should have resolved it?
Or do you mean it should have been resolved on this forum?
If the latter is the case then I apologise if I brought up a subject that has been beat up.
In my case I have bought 29 new Ford f-150's mostly company trucks, but many loaded trucks for my personal vehicle. I have never taken one back for warrenty claims so you can imigine my shock when I finally have a problem with one and Ford cannot fix it, and although my dealer seems to be trying, honest to god they have replaced all four tires "ONE AT A TIME" I asked my service manager why not check at least the last 2 after 2 have been found to be bad, he said it would take too much time.
So they let me drive up there and leave my truck overnight on 4 seperate occasions just to replace tires on a brand new truck, had 13 miles on it first time. My time does not seem to important. At this point I have not expressed any dissapointment in their service but after 6 trips and I still have a truck that I cannot pull a trailer with I am upset.
I am in the landscapeing business and use my truck to pull trailers.

papa

Last edited by papa1; 03-02-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:45 PM
One suggestion would be to meet with the dealership manager and firmly express your disappointment in their inability to resolve your vibration issue. Since it is "new", demand they buy it back. I think after 6 trips and they can't fix it for the same issue, it is a ripe situation for a buy out. HOLD FIRM TO YOUR DEMAND.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:11 PM
BTW, I worked with Petrus Landscaping in Fort Polk recently. Are you familiar with them?

Let us know how the dealership visit goes....

Old 03-05-2005, 10:31 PM
No I am not familiar with them.
I plan on going to the dealer Mon. and asking for a buy back.
We will see how it goes, I am at the point now that an attorney is the next step if they do not do the right thing.

papa

Quick Reply: vibration