trans / rear end vibration or slip

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry trans / rear end vibration or slip

On my 04 supercrew it feels like there is a slip or a vibration when i first take off in the morning. At first it was just doing it in the morning and now it seems to be more often, also seems to be when i am turning out of my garage or a parking space. I tried this morning to step on the brakes with the gas and felt nothing so i guess its not the trans and maybe the rear end as it was not turning?

anyone else have this problem? or know anything about it? the dealer is sayin its the limited slip? seems strange to me when it didnt do that when i bought it?

something is telling me to buy that exteneded warranty.........

Old 03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I bought an 01 Supercrew last week with 5.4 and 3:55 limited slip rear end and it does the same thing.It only does it when turning and not from a straight ahead start.My brother is a Ford mechanic with over 20 years experience and he told me to change the rearend oil and add 4 oz of additive to it.Did all that this week end and it has gotten some better but he said it will take a while for it to work into the clutches of the rear end and then may not take all of it out.I trust his judgment.At least its not a tranny problem.Mine has 93000 miles on it and will pull the $%&# out of a bass boat up a wet loading ramp and not spin a wheel.If a little rumble is what I get from haveing a BULLDOG rearend...I'll take it.I would take it back and tell them to change the rearrend oil and add the additive to it..but thats just my thaughts.Let us know what happens.

Last edited by dreamweever; 03-01-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:16 PM
thx for the input i have the 3:55 gears too. My friend told me to add friction modifyer to the rear end. I am going to try that as teh dealers have not done a damn thing but say dont worry its normal... normal myass.....

Quick Reply: trans / rear end vibration or slip