Off Road Package inc. limited slip???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off Road Package inc. limited slip???

I've read on a few forums that if you have to tags on your transfer case then you have a limited slip diff. I checked mine and I do have the two tags but if I do have limited slip then it must not be working. With the stock Badyears that came on the truck I was always spinning tires. Even if it rain I'd have to sometime put the truck in 4X4 just to merge in traffic on a busy highway. Just wondering if anyone knew it the offroad package included limited slip.

Old 03-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have the right code on the tags then you have the limited slip. I don't remember the codes but if you do a search you can find them. Also the Offroad package did not include a ls, it was an optional piece of equipment. To check the ls, put one tire on the sholder of the road and have the other tire on pavement, punch it. If the tire on the sholder spins and the other tire does nothing the ls is bad or you don't have one. Also the ls will wear out after time and use, so the clutchs could be worn and need to be replaced.

Joe

Old 03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Less destructive and safer way to test LS

Jack the rear of the truck up (both tires). Spin one of the tires by hand. If the other tire spins in the same direction, you have LS. If the other tire spins in the opposite direction, your rear is open--plan to install a LS rear diff or a locker immediately.

Hope this helps,

Sidewinder

Quick Reply: Off Road Package inc. limited slip???