Wobble/shake while maintaining speed @ 40 mph

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 06:17 PM
NEJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wobble/shake while maintaining speed @ 40 mph

My 97 4X4 F150 shakes while maintaining speed at around 40 mph. It stops shaking if I accelerate. By shakes I mean the whole truck moves. I'm baffled.

I had the left front hub replace two days ago which truly needed replacing. One month ago I had the rear universal joint on the drive shaft replace and a new left exhaust manifold. This is getting costly!

Any help from you fine gentlemen would be great.

Happy Holidays!
Nick

Old 12-18-2003, 06:42 PM
i had the same problem on my 97. if it is like a shudder at 40 mph,it is probably the transmission. i had the fluid changed and it stopped, no problems since then .sounds like thats what you may need. hope that is some help.

Old 12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
I had a 97 4.6 2X4 and it shook pretty bad when it shifted into overdrive. I think this was related to the torque converter or a dirty trans filter. You may want to have the fluid and filter changed. Since you may be going into it anyway, use a quality synthetic like Royal purple, or amsoil for the new fluid, just remeber to drain the converter as well.

Old 12-19-2003, 11:31 AM
NEJ
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll get the tranny fluid and filter changed, including attention to the converter.

Merry Christmas

Quick Reply: Wobble/shake while maintaining speed @ 40 mph