The Ranger is seeing duty in Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:17 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Ranger is seeing duty in Afghanistan

The terrain in Afghanistan is so tough, I heard that at one point, some US troops were actually using horses? That said, they're using Ford Rangers too. Check out the post on the HP for some details on these enlisted trucks.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The Ranger is not new to the Army. A buds son drove one in Australia with the Army about 5 years ago. Per him, it was a major POS. His had the 4 banger diesel and a 5 speed manual 4x4. He claimed he didn't think the fenders would be still on it by the time it got 50,000 km on it. It was a rattle trap. Fit and finish was horrible. It did not have any of the safety standards that you'll find on any made for US market truck. He did not like it at all. I guess now you know why they aren't being sold here. I would have loved to be the Ford dealer that turned the deal to the Afghans. Ya gotta know his pockets are full of your tax dollars.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:07 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
The Ranger is not new to the Army. A buds son drove one in Australia with the Army about 5 years ago. Per him, it was a major POS. His had the 4 banger diesel and a 5 speed manual 4x4. He claimed he didn't think the fenders would be still on it by the time it got 50,000 km on it. It was a rattle trap. Fit and finish was horrible. It did not have any of the safety standards that you'll find on any made for US market truck. He did not like it at all. I guess now you know why they aren't being sold here. I would have loved to be the Ford dealer that turned the deal to the Afghans. Ya gotta know his pockets are full of your tax dollars.
Yeah, I imagine there's a reason that gen isn't sold here.