Why didn't the Ranger catch on with the customizers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by anaheim

That is a nice lifted Ranger. I wish that I could see more of those where I live.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hixie
Hey i have a modded Ranger, well its now my little brothers. I now have an F-150 to start modding. I actaully have seen a few modded rangers where i live.

That is a cool little Ranger, and I like the wheels on it. I like how the body looks also.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
If you want to see modded Rangers try www.therangerstation.com

The Ranger has almost a cult following that can be felt if you have ever owned one. I have had 3 of them and each one has had the snot beat out of it. My 86 ext cab was the one that was beat the worst.It was completely stock and I even ran all season radials on it. When my buddies and I would go wheeling there was only one truck that could go farther than me. That was a Toyota running a 4" lift and 33" BFG mud T/A's. The other two trucks that went with us were an 81 K5 Blazer with a 454, 6" lift and 35" BFG's, and an 87 Jeep Wrangler that was stock. The blazer could have taken me if I had been driving though.

My current Ranger is an 89 ext cab that resides in my yard with a 3" body lift and 31" rubber. In the back is a 150' cable, log chains, and chainsaws. This is my workhorse and I am not afraid to use it.

I love my F150 but if it weren't for needing a larger towing capacity to pull a 35' travel trailer, I would still be running rangers.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anaheim

Wow, this is really weird. I just looked at this topic last night and then this morning on my way to school I was driving alongside a ranger for like 10 minutes and it was identical to that one in the picture. It was so weird to see that. Same color, year, stepside model. Even the tires had to be the same. Couldn't have been you because you're in CA and I'm in FL, but is that your Ranger?

Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Actually i bought it for my son, i drive an 04 F-150...

Old 11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Whoever started this thread is way off. S10/S15 are more often modified, if you're only talking about the gay rice-eater style of modifying: lowered, loud stereo, neon undercariage, etc.

For real truck modifications, Rangers are more commonly modified. The pre-1998 lift kits are well under $1,000, which makes that modification much more affordable. I don't even know if Skyjacker, Superlift, and the other common brands made an equivalent S10/S15 kit. The only S10 I ever saw lifted was a custom job. Looked great, but it stressed out his axles until they broke (just city driving, too).

I had a 96 for almost 10 years and it never broke. Most reliable vehicle ever (for me, anyway -- though, like any other model of any other brand, there must have been lemons). Growing family, so I recently upgraded to an F150.

More Pics

Last edited by 67L48; 11-01-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by 67L48
Whoever started this thread is way off. S10/S15 are more often modified, if you're only talking about the gay rice-eater style of modifying: lowered, loud stereo, neon undercariage, etc.

For real truck modifications, Rangers are more commonly modified. The pre-1998 lift kits are well under $1,000, which makes that modification much more affordable. I don't even know if Skyjacker, Superlift, and the other common brands made an equivalent S10/S15 kit. The only S10 I ever saw lifted was a custom job. Looked great, but it stressed out his axles until they broke (just city driving, too).

I had a 96 for almost 10 years and it never broke. Most reliable vehicle ever (for me, anyway -- though, like any other model of any other brand, there must have been lemons). Growing family, so I recently upgraded to an F150.

More Pics

Sweet Truck!!

Old 11-20-2005, 12:35 PM
You mean like this?

If you want to see "modded" Rangers that aren't slammed and bolted on, www.rrorc.com is the place. It's an off road group, but these aren't aftermarket kits, as you can tell from the pic. Rangers certainly "caught" on. There is tons of stuff available.

Quick Reply: Why didn't the Ranger catch on with the customizers?