BILLET GRILLES ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-1999, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BILLET GRILLES ?

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED A BILLET GRILLE ON AN F150, i HAVE A 1998 AND AM JUST INSTALLING THE GRILL NOT THE BUMPER GRILLE. MINE IS ON ORDER AND AM JUST CURIOUS WHAT I AM GETTING INTO AND ABOUT HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO DO

Also I ordered a Stull grille and they told me I have to cut apart my stock grille to put this one in. Does anyone know if that is how they all are installed? I thought it replaced the stock grille but they told me it does not I have to cut the center out of my stock grille to install this one. This was the cheapest one I could find it only cost me $110 for the polished one, new, I thought that was a good deal.
------------------
1998 F150 XLT extra-cab
4.6 with off-road package
white,tint,rhino-lining

[This message has been edited by kmmon1 (edited 12-27-1999).]

Old 12-23-1999, 07:31 PM
kmmon1,

Well I have installed 2 billet grills. I must say that the 2nd install went alot quicker than the 1st.

Both of my grills are made by Stull. The hardest part about the install is trying to figure out what the directions are trying to get you to do. My best advice is to be patient with the install and read the directions a few times before you start.

If reading the directions still leaves doubt than do a search on the site about billet grills. Many members have posted their trials on the install.

Hope this helped.

------------------
99 4x4 XLT supercab 5.4L Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Med. Graphite w/Captain Chairs, Pioneer DEP-4000, Tint, K&N, Bedliner, 3" Catback w/3 Chamber Flowmaster, 285/75/16 BFG A/T on American Racing Python wheels, Stull Billet Grill

'00 Expedition XLT, Silver w/Dark graphite interior, 5.4L, Stull Billet Grill and some other stuff. All in all she'll stay stock. Ok, maybe a Flowmaster 50 series soon.

Old 12-27-1999, 03:31 AM
Location: Chandler/Queen Creek, AZ You pick as to which town I'm in! Hehe
Kmmon1,
I installed a billet grille on mine and its not that long of a process. It took approximately 45mins to install. So its not to time comsuming.

Loser1,
I agree the directions kinda suck!

Here's a pic of mine installed.

------------------
99 F-150,XLT, Silver, 2WD, 4.2L, 5spd, RegCab, Shrt WB, Styleside.
Current Mods:Billet grille, Line-X bedliner, 5%window tint all the way around, Alpine CD w/2 MTX Subs & Rockford Fosgate 250w amp. K&N Airfilter. Glasspac w/dual exhaust exits out the back. Blue Ion Headlights.
Future Mods: Superchip, driving lights(on order), & a custom paint job

Old 12-27-1999, 06:30 AM
I want to put a billet grill on mine also..but i have a ?. Do the Stull's go "over the stock grille " or do they replace it entirely. I saw one in person (brand unknown) and you clearly see the stock grill behind it..I didnt like that. The honeycomb shape stuck out like a sorethumb behind the horizontal billet aluminum. Also are you happy with the quality of Stull?

DS

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x2, supercab, shortbed, 5.4L auto, 3.55 LS, Class III tow/cooling, 4 wheel disk/ABS, Med Toreador solid, Med Graphite int, 60/40 bench, sliding r.window, pwr everything except seat, 16" chrome alloys
*** In the Works - FabTech 3.5",Bullseye spindles,3" bodylift,Eagle 589's w/BFG AT ko's,alarm/keyless entry,Changer/Fosgate amp/JL subs (when i figure how im gonna make the box fit!) ***

Quick Reply: BILLET GRILLES ?