Roof Dents

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-1999, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Roof Dents

I read this on Oasis and thought I'd pass it along. There is an SSM on the roof being dented on supercab trucks. Behind the drivers seat. You have to stand in the bed and look at your roof line. It may dimple down. This will give you something to look for after your done cursing your door crack. Apparantly what happened is when they formed the roof to the beams the tolerance was off and caused the roof to dimple down. If your truck is under warranty you better get it to the nearest Ford Emergency Room (dealership).

------------------
1997 F-150, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, and Lots of TLC!!

Old 10-18-1999, 12:18 AM
How do you get on oasis, do you work at ford?
I haven't noticed this on my truck but I will look.

Old 10-18-1999, 05:44 PM
Cool

I work for Ford as an auto technician, therefore I have accesss to Oasis, and all tech hotlines.

------------------
1997 F-150, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, and Lots of TLC!!

Old 10-18-1999, 06:11 PM
While we're on the topic of roofs, has anyone else seen a crack running down the center of the roof of their cab? Running in a perfectly straight line down the center of my cab roof is a line/crack from the back to the front. It is very faint, I usually can only see mine when I wash my truck. Because of the nature of this crack, I know that there is a seam of the sheet metal underneath, so that is the cause. But to be honest, I don't care. People never look up there, plus it is hard to see even if you're looking for it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has it.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, fog lamps, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, bug guard, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 10-19-1999, 01:03 AM
Sycoholic, could you do me a favor. Could you call the hotline and tell me exactly what kind of replacement motor I am getting. rebuilt, new, what hp version, etc. Thanks
They have one ordered but don't know the details. It is a 97 long block, but that is the limit of there knowledge. Sorry to get off the subject, but I knew this would get to you via email.

Old 10-19-1999, 06:57 PM
Wink

I asked some guys in the shop that do the motors, they weren't sure. I'm gonna be calling the hotline later this week or early next week in regards to my truck. Keep in mind, a long block is the bottom end and heads. Intake and exhaust manifolds are your original ones. If they changed the intake flow, you won't get the benefit of that.

------------------

Old 10-22-1999, 11:13 PM
Roof Dent Technical Service Bulletin 98-26-6.
It tells about the dent and how it is to be repaired. Does not to be appear to be anything major.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, Ford bedliner, and Lots of TLC!!

Quick Reply: Roof Dents