brand new f150 got scratched by dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brand new f150 got scratched by dealership

my new f150 got scratched at the dealership. They have agreed to fix the scratch. They tried waxing the scratch out, but said they have to send the truck to a body guy. I am nervous it will be noticeable. Any thoughts would help. By the way, the color is red metallic with silver accent. Does anyone know if the repair will be noticeable. Thanks

Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Slynchee
my new f150 got scratched at the dealership. They have agreed to fix the scratch. They tried waxing the scratch out, but said they have to send the truck to a body guy. I am nervous it will be noticeable. Any thoughts would help. By the way, the color is red metallic with silver accent. Does anyone know if the repair will be noticeable. Thanks
The dealership scratch and dent their cars all the time, my friend worked for the bodyshop of a Dodge dealership and a lot of their business was just fixing the OOPS! from employees. You should be back to 100%, but if the work is noticeable make them do it again, since it is in mint condition. Also check in the sun and make sure there are no swirl marks on your clear coat, you should never use a buffing machine, always hand buff, because if you don’t know what your doing you can put swirl marks and burn through your clear coat in less than a few second. So hopefully the guy who buffs your car knows what he is doing.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by rawasever299
The dealership scratch and dent their cars all the time, my friend worked for the bodyshop of a Dodge dealership and a lot of their business was just fixing the OOPS! from employees. You should be back to 100%, but if the work is noticeable make them do it again, since it is in mint condition. Also check in the sun and make sure there are no swirl marks on your clear coat, you should never use a buffing machine, always hand buff, because if you don’t know what your doing you can put swirl marks and burn through your clear coat in less than a few second. So hopefully the guy who buffs your car knows what he is doing.

thanks for the response, I feel better now.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
by the way............sweet ride Raw

Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by rawasever299

Slynchee, as long as the entire panel is repainted and not just the spot, you won't be able to notice anything, especially with the truck being brand new.
And if you do notice some swirls, head on down to the detail section and learn how to take them out yourself, with a machine.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman

Slynchee, as long as the entire panel is repainted and not just the spot, you won't be able to notice anything, especially with the truck being brand new.
And if you do notice some swirls, head on down to the detail section and learn how to take them out yourself, with a machine.

Yea what he said, you could also go down the paint section and paint the truck yourself with a machine i mean a sprayer

Quick Reply: brand new f150 got scratched by dealership