Front Lower Valence

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Lower Valence

Hi, I have a 97 F150 4x2 with a modified front end (4x4) I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find a nice front lower valence. I tried Truckin' Magazine where I found my original that was removed a couple weeks ago as it was chipped up and in my opinion not worth repairing but I didn't realize it would be so challenging to find a new one. If anyone cold help me out I would really appreciate it.

97 F150 4x4 (no curve in valence near licence plate like the 4x2 model has)

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Have you checked the dealer? I know the lower valance for a '97 4x4 is only about $40.

I replaced mine on my truck.

Doug

Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks, I picked it up today. It was $44 and they could only get one with tow hook holes. I am going to put some nice little lights in these holes I think.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Arrow The Valence

Is that the absolute bottom piece of the flaring in the front that bolts below the two tow loops? It is just that skinny piece of plastic right?

This winter I hooked onto a greyhound bus that was stuck trying to pull out of a school parking lot - a minor grade but traffic forced it to stop on it's way up. The driver slid over the curb a little and couldn't go ahead so I tried pulling her back into the cleared area.

I actually was moving it! 6 inches or so each time per bump.. If the tow rope didn't break I bet a few more (well maybe 20) bumps would have gotten it free.

Oh, anyway, this *** faced turd as it turns out, wrapped the rope around the bottom flaring and the tow loop. Instead of just around metal.. Dumb dumb dumb, since i was in the truck, I didn't notice until the guy came with a piece of plastic in his hand asking me where'd it come from!? I couldn't believe it - there was SO much room for him to wrap the rope around with hook.. no need at all to go underneith and through. <grumbling again>

So - is that what it's called? a valence and it's only worth about $40?

Quick Reply: Front Lower Valence