Air Noise inside Truck Cabin

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Air Noise inside Truck Cabin

I bought a new 2005 F150 Supercrew in September but have not really put any miles on it since. I just recently took it for a spin and noticed that I can hear what sounds like air coming into the cabin once I reach a speed of 45mph or higher. The air sound seems to be coming from the front upper section of my windsheild. Has anyone noticed a similiar problem or noise of air flow. All my vets are closed and it gives a sound similar to one that would come from a window being slightly open. I only have 400 miles on my truck and I also get a viabrating sound at times from the bed of my truck. I hope someone has some insight to these issues or what should I do.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:11 PM
I also have an '05 F150, and may have the same noise you speak of. Only it has to be below freezing outside. I get over about 60 mph, and I get a very loud buzzing noise from the upper right part of the windshield, almost like the rubber seal on the outside is making the noise. It is really annoying. Only have 10000 miles on the truck.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Do you have a bugshield? Often this is the source of the problem. Otherwise get some soapy water and a sponge then put some suds around the winshield and windows. Turn the inside fan on HIGH and you will see bubbles on the outside where air is escaping. You'll see it around door handles too.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have noticed the same noise at speeds over 30 mph or so. I always have the radio up loud except when my wife is with me, and that is when I notice it. I have not discovered any leaks. I assumed it was coming thru the cowl vents. Now you have me even more curious.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try this out. I also have a buddy that owns a 2005 F150 SuperCrew and I am going to take his for a spin to see if I notice the same air flow sounds. I will keep you posted. TKS

Armando

Old 11-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by landquest
I bought a new 2005 F150 Supercrew in September but have not really put any miles on it since. I just recently took it for a spin and noticed that I can hear what sounds like air coming into the cabin once I reach a speed of 45mph or higher. The air sound seems to be coming from the front upper section of my windsheild. Has anyone noticed a similiar problem or noise of air flow. All my vets are closed and it gives a sound similar to one that would come from a window being slightly open. I only have 400 miles on my truck and I also get a viabrating sound at times from the bed of my truck. I hope someone has some insight to these issues or what should I do.

I would check out your weatherstripping on your truck. There may be a defect with that.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:04 AM
I have a 2004 Lariat Supercrew / 10142 miles / purchased in 9/2004 and Yesterday on a state highway at 50-70 miles an hour I noticed a sound coming from the "upper portion of my windshield on the drivers side". Sounded like something rubbing against something. Never heard this sound prior. The weather has gotten a little cooler here in the past few days but this is like a new truck for me. Didn't hear it last year! I even turned on the windshield heat to see if the windshield being cold was causing the malfunction but couldn't determine if that corrected the problem or not. BTW....my wife was with me and she heard it also.

Last edited by Bill Peterson; 11-19-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
This is weird...I have an 05 FX4 Supercrew with just over 3k miles and just last night we were driving it with the radio and dvd player off (hardley ever does this happen) and we noticed the same noise!! I was like WTF? Not a buzzing noise, but like a low rush of air....started to hear it at about 45-50. No bug deflector and it was about 70 deg out.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:24 PM
My 2005 F150 KingRanch also has the same windshield wind howl which is very annoying along with drivers side door panel rattle. Regards,

Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM

Look at my 11/19/2005 discrepancy. I think that we may have a similar problem (Mine sounds more like "something "Grating" against something" but it is coming from my upper drivers side of the W/S) but how do the Ford folks even go about researching this malfunction? I know that you will hear...We can't take it up to 60-70 miles an hour in the garage...or it doesn't do it for us. It got kind of scary the other day when this happened...I could just see the windscreen coming out of the truck!

Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
I have a 2004 SuperCrew. I went round and round with my service advisor on this one. Same type of noise coming from the upper area of the windshield at freeway speeds. They resealed the windshield twice with no change. The dealer opened a ticket with Ford's tech line. Came back with no known defects, normal for this vehicle.
Well needless to say I popped a cork. This is not normal for a $40k vehicle. After a rather heated exchange with the Service Manager, they agreed to replace the windshield and seal. Much to my dismay, this did not fix the problem. I live in SoCal, so there really isn't an issue with the hot cold thing. So it has back to the dealer on 3 different occasions for this problem with no fix. Even worse they scratched the paint putting the windshield back in the second time..two days in the body shop. I really don't know what the answer is. I have learned to live with it, which makes me mad as most of my daily commute is on the freeway.
As to having the a bug shield as a source of the issue. I removed mine twice to eliminate this variable with no perceptable change in the noise level.
Let us know if you find an answer....My rant

Old 11-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson
Look at my 11/19/2005 discrepancy. I think that we may have a similar problem (Mine sounds more like "something "Grating" against something" but it is coming from my upper drivers side of the W/S) but how do the Ford folks even go about researching this malfunction? I know that you will hear...We can't take it up to 60-70 miles an hour in the garage...or it doesn't do it for us. It got kind of scary the other day when this happened...I could just see the windscreen coming out of the truck!
Mine does not sound like a grating noise...

Old 11-28-2005, 05:38 PM

i have an 2005 supercrew but i have a like glass vibration in the upper left hand corner,i dont know if its not sealed properly or what ended up cracking my windshield, i went to the dealer 3 weeks ago they did not say too much i did not hit anything(rock) now i have to spend 200 to get e new windshield

Old 11-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by jbergb5
I have a 2004 SuperCrew. I went round and round with my service advisor on this one. Same type of noise coming from the upper area of the windshield at freeway speeds. They resealed the windshield twice with no change. The dealer opened a ticket with Ford's tech line. Came back with no known defects, normal for this vehicle.
Well needless to say I popped a cork. This is not normal for a $40k vehicle. After a rather heated exchange with the Service Manager, they agreed to replace the windshield and seal. Much to my dismay, this did not fix the problem. I live in SoCal, so there really isn't an issue with the hot cold thing. So it has back to the dealer on 3 different occasions for this problem with no fix. Even worse they scratched the paint putting the windshield back in the second time..two days in the body shop. I really don't know what the answer is. I have learned to live with it, which makes me mad as most of my daily commute is on the freeway.
As to having the a bug shield as a source of the issue. I removed mine twice to eliminate this variable with no perceptable change in the noise level.
Let us know if you find an answer....My rant

sounds like we about have the same problem the shop forman where i bought my truck is saying the cant find anything wrong until i took hime out for a ride to show them they told me ford doesnt pay for glass, did you say they paid for you a new windshield or did the reseal it??/ mine is cracked now because of my problem....

Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson
i have the same problem you have i think????my ford dealer pretty much sucks i live in the kansa city area,its hard to find a good dealer to have service work done

Quick Reply: Air Noise inside Truck Cabin