Your creativity needed :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your creativity needed :)

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my recent question about camper shells.

I have now switched out the back window with sliding glass and have gotten my topper all ready. Now all I need is a way to mount a small fan in the opening of my sliding window.

First, I was hoping to find a small, square box fan that would fit in the opening, which is approximately 12" square (haven't measured it yet). Second, I'm not sure how I'd mount it. I don't want a permanent installation. I'm wondering if I can get short spring bars (like the kind you'd use to hang a shower curtain, but much shorter) or some other adjustable-length bar that could be attached to the fan.

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated. I'm doing this so that I can help transport animals rescued from New Orleans, so you'd be helping the doggies too.

Thanks,

Tracey

Old 09-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out a boating supply store, they make fans that are supposed to bolt to the cabin roof and pivot in about any direction. And they're 12 volt!

Old 09-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great idea. There's a marine supply place close to my house - I'll check it in the morning.

I also found some electric fans at Office Depot that have clamps. I have a power inverter, so I can run one of those if I have to.

Thanks!

Tracey

Old 09-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try any good RV dealer as well. They have a good selection of powered roof vents that are 12V as well.

Quick Reply: Your creativity needed :)