"F-150" Fender badges

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"F-150" Fender badges

What is the best way to remove the fender badges on our trucks?? Is there an easy way? Any tips or tricks?? Thanks.

Old 09-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one trick that most guys here recommend is some fishing line to get under the badge and slowly work it off.

There are threads on this so a small search might reveal some other tips I missed.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
I found the best way to do it was take a butter knife and wedge it between the backing tape and the back of the emblem. You just insert it along the edges, in and out, until you break the glue away from the emblem. Then you remove the emblem. Then you scrape off as much tape as possible by using the knife blade but not touching the paint surface. when you get down to just the gluey residue, I used a combination of "stick off" from walmart and bumper sticker remover from autozone.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:06 PM
I've used a hair dryer ,heat it up good and pull it off slowly
then use then isop. alcoh. to remove the glue.

Old 10-06-2003, 11:07 PM
I started doing this to my new Screw emblem on the tailgate. I got about a 1/4 of it pulled away and noticed a pin going through the body. If I pull it off it will leave two holes (at least I am guessing on the second). What kind of sh%t is that, I can see them doing that with the Ford logo but with the F150 logo????

Any ideas on how much it cost to have these small holes filled and color matched?

Old 10-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, the FORD Logo has NO pins on the rear (the front one does)...

Personally, I think it was a good idea to add the pins as I'm sure that would be a job that a single guy would have to do all night on the assembly line and thus, you KNOW some of them would come out of the factory crooked and looking like poo. The mounting posts eliminate that possibility and, like I said, I just think they make sense.

Not sure what it would cost to have them filled and painted but, I'd say they'd want to paint the entire tailgate to make sure it all looked right. Probably not a super cheap fix...

Oh yeah, and just for future reference, not sure if anyone mentioned this but, the hair dryer in conjunction with a piece of fishing line is, by far and away, the easiest way that I found to remove the badge. Just make sure you start the line between the paint and the adhesive and just work it through.

RP

Quick Reply: "F-150" Fender badges