Bent frame...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bent frame...

Back in Jan my truck was rear ended by a drunk driver while parked. This just 5 days after I was hit by a drunk while driving a friends car. When my truck was rear ended the rear axle was torn off on the left side. To my suprise the truck wasn't totaled. They dealership had the truck for 46 days. I was told the truck would be the was it was before it was hit. It was taken in a week later for the door handle being loose, loose mud flaps (not a big deal) and the rear brakes locking up. I was only gone for afew days. Then a week later it was in for 10 more days for slipping in the rear end. The rear axle was replaced. Then afew days later it was in for a new yoke and some cap was missing. I was told that wasn't from the accident. I must have 'stupid' written on my forehead. Well, the truck is back in. The brakes are locking up and the truck is "dog tracking." I know it's my fault for not noticing this sooner. According to the dealership the right rear is off by 7/8 of an inch. I was told by them that up to 1.2 inches is ok. Won't I go through tires faster? I don't want to accept the truck in that condition. This whole thing has made me pretty mad. I do have my lawyer involved and was looking for suggestions from you guys. Sorry about the long post and thanks in advance for any suggestions. Eric

Old 05-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I don't know what legal action you can/should/ or might have to take take, but I wouldn't accept that truck back! I'd have that drunk azzed **** buying me a BRAND NEW TRUCK identical to the one he wrecked. JMHO

Quick Reply: Bent frame...