Pioneer DEH7400MP scratching CDR's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DEH7400MP scratching CDR's??

Has anyone else noticed thier 7400 MP scratching thier CDR's?? I noticed a couple of my CDR have scratches on the media side of them. They still play and sound fine. I didn't look at the discs before playing them, so I don't know if it is from my CDRW drive or the 7400MP.
There are scratches sideways, looks like from when the disc was ejected. There also are circular patterns around the hole on the center, like the disc is moving around.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the DEHP7400 and have never noticed any scratching. Good luck.

RP

Old 09-22-2002, 09:50 PM
hey i got the same head unit... got a couple of questions..... do u ever get an occasionaly error 30 when trying to read mp3s ive gotten it once or twice but it was back to back..... another question is how do u guys have it installed... i screwed the rubber boot thing in the back of the head unit and let it rest on the support thing in the back wall of the slot the head unit goes into.... and i did no more bolting or supporting for it..... the only other thing holding it up is the installation kit which is the scosche fd1280.... is that enough support, i mean just the rubber piece screwed in the back???? thanx for the input fellaz

Old 09-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BRANRULZ
hey i got the same head unit... got a couple of questions..... do u ever get an occasionaly error 30 when trying to read mp3s ive gotten it once or twice but it was back to back..... another question is how do u guys have it installed... i screwed the rubber boot thing in the back of the head unit and let it rest on the support thing in the back wall of the slot the head unit goes into.... and i did no more bolting or supporting for it..... the only other thing holding it up is the installation kit which is the scosche fd1280.... is that enough support, i mean just the rubber piece screwed in the back???? thanx for the input fellaz
I have yet to get any error code. As far as the installation, I have the rubber thing in the rear too. I also bent the tabs that are at the front of the installation sleeve to hold it in place as well. he ones that looks like an airplane tail. They hold quite well. I still need to trim the black installation kit down a bit in the dash. It bows down between the HU and the pocket just a bit.

Old 09-24-2002, 08:49 PM
i went and got a different installation kit... i got the turbo kit from circuit city... its 10 bux more but it feels more sturdy than the scosche one i got from walmart..... it fits nice and tight and there are not bends in it.... thanx for the info.... by the way i havent gotten an error since... i think the cd may have been smudged there.....

Quick Reply: Pioneer DEH7400MP scratching CDR's??