B-quiet in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-quiet in Houston

I just installed B-quiet Brown Bread under my carpet and on the back wall. While the noise reduction is ok, I am hoping to get a lot more from doing the doors. Has anyone in Houston done their doors in B-quiet? Have you had any problems (melting, running, smell...)? I was happy with the quality of B-quiet and will probably go with it for the doors too (since Dynamat is way overpriced). Thanks for any help.

Old 07-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you should mention...

...Dynamat being "overpriced" (yes, the "Extreme" is expensive), and yet have second thoughtsa (enough to ask) about the B-Quiet running in the heat.

I can't tell you what to do, but until I hear B-Quiet tell me emphatically that their product won't run or drip over a 140F asphalt road, my "outdoors" truck couldn't have anything other than Dynamat Extreme. I had great results from doing the back of the (regular) cab, floor, and doors, all in one fell swoop. Quiet as a mouse, but can still hear what's going on in front.

Old 07-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can tell you from personal experience that B-Quiet will melt and run like icecream if applied to external surfaces. This is in New Orleans and in the last weeks with 100+ temps the B-Quiet actually liquifies and drips. It holds up (barely) on interior surfaces. I would use it for the floor and nowhere else unless the truck is used north of the arctic circle.
Hmm, another month of high heat and all my b-Quiet will be gone. Then I'll get Dynamat extreme.

Fritz

Quick Reply: B-quiet in Houston