Radio Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Exchange

What is worng with the Ford Dealer. I bought a 2002 Ford F-150, and I needed the dealer to swap the stock radio with a radio and cassette player. I was told by the dealer you could have a radio with cd or a radio with cassette but not both. I need the cassette player, because my XM radio uses a cassette adapter.

Well I contacted the dealer, and told them thank you but no thanks, I will not exchange the radio, I will have an after market radio put in soon. The lady from Ford told me that if I knew if anything on the electric systems goes wrong with the radio, your Ford warranty is voided.

She is trying to tell me, that I have to get their Ford radio or else, anything that it could go wrong, the warranty is voided. What's up with that.

Are we in a communism country? Only buy Ford radios or else.

By the way I am getting install the new radio by a professional shop.

Any comments.

Last edited by wengerda; 04-03-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:21 PM
The only thing the could do is void coverage on any damage that may have been caused by the install, and even then they would have to prove that the install caused the problem. It is terrible when you have half-informed people giving out information. That or they think we are dimwits and will believe anything they say. Go for it man - I just installed a new Alpine head unit myself - piece of cake. Get the wiring harnesses that match up with the factory wiring (which is what the install shop is going to do) and you should not have any problems.

FYI, Ford does make a CD/ Tape/ radio combo that will fit in your truck with a little modification - it just is not offered as an option for the truck. Go to this website:

http://www.radiosandmore.com/cassette_cd_combos.asp

Good luck!!!

Old 04-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Radio Exchange

Thank you for the info. This dealers sometimes they think we are stupid or we do not shop around.

Take care

Last edited by wengerda; 04-03-2002 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2002, 04:22 PM
My Ford (Visteon) unit has a cassette and controls the 6 disc changer. I would find another dealer that knows what they are talking about. If they are not willing to help you take your business somewhere else.

Old 04-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Norm
My Ford (Visteon) unit has a cassette and controls the 6 disc changer. I would find another dealer that knows what they are talking about. If they are not willing to help you take your business somewhere else.
That is exactly what I would do. The factory HU in the Lightning is a standard am/fm/cassette, that controls the standard 6 disc changer. You can find one of those about anywhere if you want to stay with the stock unit. I highly recommend an aftermarket HU anyway......after hearing the difference, the stock stuff is junk.

Quick Reply: Radio Exchange