To those who've Dynamatted.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To those who've Dynamatted.

Ok, here's my question. Did you put the Dynamat on the inside of the doorskin or did you put it between the door trim panel and inside of the door (where the speakers mount)?

Bob

Old 01-08-2002, 11:21 PM
Well rtroha, it's kinda hard to explain. But the way I did it I bought the two 10" speaker sheets of dynomat, and on each door your take your speaker out. Then you put the dynamat over the speaker hole and press it on firmly. After that, you cut out the hole for the speaker with either a sharp knife or a razor. Then I put the piece that I cut out, on the inside of the outer skin of the door(for better sound dampening.) When you have done all of this you can put your speakers back in and the door panels back on and your done. Does that help you any?

Old 01-09-2002, 02:01 AM
I use it between the panel and door skin. I think it is a little obsessive to put it in both places. Just like wolverine said, lay it over and then cut the speaker hole out. On my personal truck, I used Cascade which is like dynamat, except it is in spray form. I went back and dynamatted the actual holes. I cant complain so far except to say that the freakin windows allow alot of wind noise in!

Old 01-09-2002, 02:23 AM
better mat those windows too then

Old 01-09-2002, 03:34 AM
On my Impala SS, I used dynamat on the "inside" of the door as well as a heavy undercoating, I did this in 2 stages, and when I listened to the doors only with both the dynamat and the undercoating that I sprayed in there, DAMN.......sounded really good, I could crank it and I couldn't hear nor feel any resonance in the doors, and when I closed the doors they sounded solid.

Overkill, YES.........attention to detail OF COURSE!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Question I've got a question, too

I am trying to stop door panel rattles and I don't want to Dynamat the whole door because of cost. Could I get the 10" kit and use the left over pieces every where the door panel contacts the door? Has anyone tried anything else to fix the rattles?

Old 01-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Dynamat is overpriced. Buy RaamMat its the same thing at half the cost. I did my entire door, covered everything on the inner sheetmetal, made little cuts around boltheads and such for window frame. Then added 1/2 of acoustic foam to the inside of the panel cover. Email me if you want any address to buy this stuff. I don't think RaamMat has a website, but I have their email address.

Quick Reply: To those who've Dynamatted.