Ford/Visteon CD6 - Correct Part # ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you'd almost have to have the tools to get those out, I don't know how you'd do it without them because of where the clips are located at. I got mine at autozone for like $3.50. Funny thing is I saw the exact same tools on ebay and they were at $11.50
heres the pictures hopefully they'll work
Stereo hole before

I haven't confirmed these are the right cuts yet since I don't have the deck to test with... what do you think spoondog, look good to you?

Last edited by mattadams; 11-17-2001 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2001, 03:34 PM
CCarrara - No metal cutting, just plastic only. Don't forget the safety goggles, 'cause I don't imagine that flying plastic slivers would feel good in the eyes. BTW, I got the removal tools from Walmart for about $4-

mattadams - Looks good, I think. Definately clean off those edges though. You may also want to square off the corners just for clearance, but I'm not absolutely sure. Also, it would be a good idea to put the metal bracket back in order to secure the back of the deck once you install it. Remember, I had to remove the plastic bracket from the back of my CD-6 and exchange it with the rubber prong off the back of the stock deck for mounting purposes.

Old 11-17-2001, 03:48 PM
yeah I actually put that metal bracket back after taking the last picture, I got to putting things back in and like "whats this part? oh yeah..." LOL
Anyways I am going to smooth out those edges before putting in the cd changer... no one ever accused me of being really handy with a dremel tool! .

Old 11-17-2001, 06:34 PM
Mattadams,
Thanks a million man!! Those pictures were killer. Think I finally made the decision based on those pics, I'm gonna go with the CD6. Now just gotta find one cheap! PS- Hope you never have to do any operations!! Looks like you have the shakiest hands on the planet!

Spoondogy,
Thanks!! I was a little concerned about cutting "a metal brace" as somebody else described it to me on the phone, just didn't sound safe. But plastic?? Hell yea, get me my rotozip!! WHIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! There, should fit now!! LOL!!

You guys think I can get my Rotozip saw in there to do the cut?

Old 11-17-2001, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by CCarrara
Mattadams,
Thanks a million man!! Those pictures were killer. Think I finally made the decision based on those pics, I'm gonna go with the CD6. Now just gotta find one cheap! PS- Hope you never have to do any operations!! Looks like you have the shakiest hands on the planet!

Hey I'm a computer geek not a mechanic... LOL

Old 11-20-2001, 09:13 AM
I debated on whether to get the CD6 or the Mach MP3 and finally decided on the Mach MP3. In my last truck I had kenwood MP3 deck and I loved it. With the stock 6 disc changer, the Mach MP3 is just what I wanted, and it came in cool colors. I got the white to match my white face gauges. No modifications for my 2001 Supercrew either. Just pop the old one out and put the new one in.

Old 11-20-2001, 03:57 PM
Question

Dufunnel,

Nice. Ok, but ya didn't mention, how do you like the Visteon MP3 player? Pluses, minuses?

Do you know how much power it puts out?

Lastly, how did you hook up the Sub, speaker line level or does the Mach mp3 unit have Sub out?

Thanks dude!! Ok, so your startin to change my mind AGAIN!!

Old 11-20-2001, 04:07 PM
I like that MP3 player, I just wished they offered the stock color. That's my only reason I wanted the ford 6-disk CD changer and if the Mach MP3 player looked more like stock, it'd be a closer tie with the cd changer .

Old 11-20-2001, 05:25 PM
I don't know offhand what the power output is, but it is a little more than the stock unit. I hooked up my sub with a line level converter and it sounds great. I also replaced my front speakers with Pioneer 6x8 3-ways and they sound really great just running directly off the head unit, no amp. The only minus I have found is that it doesn't have RCA preamp outputs, but it didn't affect me anyway, since I just installed a line level converter and it sounds just the same as when I had a Kenwood deck with RCAs.

Check Visteon's site for power output, they should probably have it on there somewhere.

The obvious pluses are that it works with the factory changer, fits in the factory hole, plugs right in, plays MP3s, and matches my interior better than the stock one. By the way, they make a black one that would look more like the stock unit, but I don't know why someone would want one that looks exactly like stock anyway. It's an aftermarket unit, and that's what makes it unique.

Old 11-20-2001, 05:33 PM
Thanks Dufunnel!!

Where did you see the Black one?

I just ordered one from the WEB site, got the "Carbonium" color, grayish/black color. I'd rather have a black one to match stock exactly. Why you ask, well, this way joe smoe down the road who has ripped off the stereo systems numerous times in my past 3 trucks over the last 10 years won't bother if the unit is "STOCK". Yas see, that the whole point, make it look like it is the stock unit, one that has no resale value so they won't bother taken it.

The 4 or 5 colors they offer for this thing are all "odd" colors, white with grey lines, Grey with black #'s, Bright green pastel looking, they don't even match any of the interior leather colors??

Old 11-20-2001, 05:41 PM
Actually, the white one has tan lines that match the prairie tan interior, as shown above in my truck. That's why I got that one. I also then got white face gauges to accent that further. The black one I mention is the one you ordered. It is as close as they come to the stock black. I doubt any thieves would see it and think it was not stock, because it doesn't look like an aftermarket deck, and also that a lot of stock ones are odd colors these days. For example, my fiancee's Sport Trac has a stock unit that matches her titanium interior accent, so technically it could be stock, and really is. Visteon puts a number of their units in stock vehicles as options, just as Pioneer puts units in the Sport Tracs as stock.

Old 12-04-2001, 05:22 PM
well, I ordered mine off ebay. hoping to get it by this weekend if hte seller follows through with their promise. I'm getting a little nervous about part numbers though. I'm getting the same part number as you've got spoondog, so hopefully it's going to work. The fact that we had different stereo hookups in the first place kinda worries me (i.e. originally you say you had the external 6-disk changer, right?) Well hopefully it won't matter, I've seen enough of these with the same part number I think it should work. Add in the fact that the guy I bought it from (carmax) had about 6 different model numbers and said if this one wasn't right he'd get me out the right one, apparently they do a lot of the stereo work for the local dealerships so they just credit the dealerships a certain amount and get to keep the 6-disk CD changers.
We'll find out hopefully by this weekend! I've got all my edges smoothed down, all the wiring ready to go. Getting anxious!

Old 12-05-2001, 06:23 PM
Thumbs up

Good luck, I hope everything works out.

Old 12-06-2001, 01:00 PM
Angry

OK THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO **** ME OFF!!!!!

What the hell is the deal with FORD???? I can NOT EVEN beleive the CRAP that they are pulling!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called Schoeke (sp?) to get a Factory Harness T connector so I don't have to splice into the factory harness....just to make my install easier....

Now they tell me they don't make one for the "Premium Stereo" because there is an Amp somewhere in the dash after the head unit and that is the reason for the second square connector on factory radio. So, I can't even install my amp, until I find this "other" amp hidden in my truck. AND, why pretell is Visteon telling me my new MP3 Mach headunit has 60 watts? It probably has no WATTS, cause its also going into the factory AMP.....

Are these people NUTS or is Ford actually this stupid???

Old 12-06-2001, 04:07 PM
From secondhand information from the threads here on F150 Online, I do believe the Premium stereo setup does have another amp in the dash after the original head unit. You can probably do a search for information about it.

The Lightning's don't have the Premium stereo setup, so I know there isn't another amp in my truck (other than in the head unit itself, that is).

Quick Reply: Ford/Visteon CD6 - Correct Part # ???