My Amp/Sub set up

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 11:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Amp/Sub set up

My build was solely based on price point and sound, originally i had a kenwood touch screen(dont reccomend), Kicker CX 6.5 component speakers in all doors, Kicker 600.1 sub amp, and Kicker CompC 10". They sounded good but distorted at higher volume, so i went and found some good deals on a Pioneer touchscreen headunit at Crutchfield.com ab a year ago, recently i had purchased the (new)Kicker 1200.1 and 360.4 amps on Amazon and (I know there are some Skar haters🤣&#129315Skar VD-10 D2 on their 4th of July sale. I got everything wired up and playing and let the subs break-in and the Skar subs really open up after a while, but i felt they weren't getting full potential so i added a Pyle 5.0 Farad capacitor, and its a different animal. I also had to space my sub box up with 1/2" MDF in the front and 1" in the rear of the box, causing me to raise my rear seat up. I have put 6 washers on the front mounts and 3 in the rear it angles the seats a bit but still sits comfortably, i mounted the amps and cap to the back wall on 1/2" MDF and wrapped in store bought felt behind the seat with no interference. While im on the subject i purchased all wiring and wiring accessories at Knukonceptz.com they have a good price and almost all wiring accessories(im not a sponsor), i purchased 20' 9-wire speaker bundle from Amazon for 20$ and it makes it clean and simple all speaker wires and a wire for remote turn-on.

Kicker 1200.1(Left) Kicker 360.4(rightl

Washers(seat spacer)

1/2\" MDF spacer

Completion!!!

I did wind up cutting the carpet under the subs to give better clearance for the Skar sub surround, i added sound deadening where the cut area is

If u have any questions just ask, im honestly pretty proud and impressed in myself!!

The following 2 users liked this post by 04_lariat_ben:

Quick Reply: My Amp/Sub set up