Alarm remote and garage door opener in one

Old 10-02-2001, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Alarm remote and garage door opener in one

Here's an idea for those of you who have an aftermarket alarm system...

I just picked up my 2001 SuperCrew a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I installed was a Clifford IG7000 alarm system (kinda high end). Originally all this purchase did was provide noise if either the doors were forced open or the truck was hit (like any other alarm system). It also has the keyless entry, but my S-Crew already came with that from the factory. What I did to make this $500 alarm system a little more worth the money was I had the installer wire my garage door opener to one of the two extra outputs that came with the alarm. What this does is allow me to hide the garage door opener in the dash of the truck and use my alarm remote to open the garage door...even if I'm not in the car! Most decent aftermarket alarms come with at least one extra switched output. If you're electronically challenged, ask your local alarm installer for some help.

Old 10-08-2001, 04:04 PM
Good idea I do garage door repair and never heard of that. I also have a Viper alarm but the people at circut city most likley wouldn`t have a clue, but I will give it a try. THANKS for the mod

Old 07-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I did this with my 01 sc. I added a remote start alarm system, and since we don't need the trunk pop channel I used that relay output to trigger the garage door. Works like a champ, and now I can just hit the button and enter the garage without having to use the normal door. Although the real reason I did it (since my garage is detached about 10 ft from the house) is so I can open the garage door in the winter from inside the house, and then use the remote start, while in the garage)

I highly recomend this to anyone with a alarm and a little wiring experiance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm remote and garage door opener in one