CD Changer Delete Kit?

Old 11-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Changer Delete Kit?

Hi all,

There's a lot of great information in this forum about installing aftermarket audio systems and such. One topic I haven't seen covered here is what to do about the big gaping hole that a factory 6 disc CD changer (the one behind the drivers seat) leaves behind when removed. I pulled mine when replacing factory speakers and the head unit, now there's a large rectangular cavity in the rear panel where the changer used to reside. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to either cover the hole or repurpose that space without it looking like @$$? A snap in delete cover would be sweet, perhaps a good place to house an aftermarket audio amp?

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I can't say about your truck but when i had the stock 2 DIN radio replaced in my brand D car with a 1 DIN aftermarket unit, the shop put a 1 DIN pocket in the empty hole. I'm not sure pocket is the correct word, but an open front compartment. It was actually very handy! Call a stereo shop or check with an online retailer (Crutchfield?) and they should know what I'm talking about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Changer Delete Kit?