Seeking expertise on non-standard possibly absurd sub install

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeking expertise on non-standard possibly absurd sub install

Recipient: 2006 regular cab plain Jane work truck that hauls some mulch occasionally and my kayaks.

Goal: Ebay the best value powered sub from a donor vehicle and install under passenger seat. The sub can be any make; GM, Ford, Infinity, Mazda, whatever - just the most bang for the buck that I can stuff under the seat.

Parameter: I don't want to buy an in the box solution because that would be zero fun and completely defy the essence my lovely low-buck-Chuck truck.

My thoughts: Intention to epoxy studs (home depot bolts) from the floor and isolate powered sub somewhere on studs with rubber washers. Probably way off base here and would welcome suggestions.

Known: Decent JVC media player head unit installed with sub output. Also some kick *** infinity's up front and Best Buy special something-or-others in the back that sound pretty darn good.

Desired output: I like to rock. Yep. I don't like rap so I don't need my truck to shimmy around at a stop light. Just want a sub to round out the sound and let the little 6" factory hole speakers handle the mid and tweet.

Assistance request from audio experts: What's the best method to hook it up? Assumed sub out and power out to the sub. Preferred truck fuse location? Wire gauge? Fuse? Don't burn my truck down? How would you go about doing this? Am I a moron for the endeavor?

Thanks!

Last edited by Pikerup; 03-26-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I did a somewhat budget build on my 2014. It's a factory Sony F150 sub & box with a F250 amplifier. I've got about 100 bucks in it, and it fits under my back eat just like the factory does it

Quick Reply: Seeking expertise on non-standard possibly absurd sub install