Is there an aftermarket 6 disc changer adaptable for Fords (Trunk mount unit)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Is there an aftermarket 6 disc changer adaptable for Fords (Trunk mount unit)

This doesn't pertain to a F150. Although it may apply. I bought an '02 Mercury Grand Marquis for DD duties. It has the premium sound system that has a trunk mounted 6 disc changer. Is there an aftermarket unit that will plug and play? Maybe with an adapter? Shortly after I got the car I tried it and of course, there was no cartridge in the unit. Got one and loaded it with a few CD's, stuck it in and got a "CDDJ- Error" displayed on the headunit. A lot of Googleing and forum searches has pretty much told me that these units are plagued with Errors and jams. Although this one doesn't jam, it goes thru the motions with whirly sounds, but just doesn't play. I've done a few searches but found no answer. I have found that it is a Clarion unit. And something about Visteon? which I understand is Ford? I've looked at the Clarion website and nothing. Also Pioneer, Kenwood, and so on. Didn't know if anyone has even fooled with this. Just would like to retain the original radio and functions. Although I will be changing speakers....of course. Thanks for any suggestions.....

Quick Reply: Is there an aftermarket 6 disc changer adaptable for Fords (Trunk mount unit)