iPod hookup

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod hookup

I have a 2002 F150 with a standard AM/FM stereo with CD player (all built into one unit). I do not have a CD changer. There are no radio or CD player controls on the steering wheel. The Ford model # of the radio is 1L3F-18C869-AA. I would like to install an iPod adapter on this radio. On most adapter units that I have looked at, there is a requirement that the radio be a CD changer controlling radio. I have removed my radio and have looked at the back of it. On the right rear of the radio, there were four (4) sockets, two on top of two, of different sizes. There were two (2) wiring harness plugs in the radio both on the bottom. The plug on the left has 20 pins and the plug on the right has 16 pins. There were no plugs in the top two, nor does it look like there are any pins (male or female) inside the sockets. Now my question. Is this radio equipped to handle an external CD changer? Will one of those iPod adapters that claims to fit my truck, work?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have an AUX button on your radio? If so, you could get a PIE adapter. But that is around $100. You are almost into new CD player territory.

Quick Reply: iPod hookup