Bass doesnt hit untill volume = 75%

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bass doesnt hit untill volume = 75%

WHAT IM WORKING WITH: Im having issues with my system and its been confusing the heck outta me for a while now. i have a 400watt kicker amp to two 10'' kicker subs and the stock headunit still in a 2005 screw

MY ISSUE: the bass seems to be NON existant when the volume of the radio is less than 75% of the way, once i turn it that high the Subs seem to Wakeup and all sounds fine..... than if i hit a bump or even just turn the radio down eventually things will act like i described and sound like cra&.....

does ANYONE know what my problem is without having to take it somewhere and pay 20 dollars per 15 min to get an answer :/

please and thank you

Old 02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
id check all your grounds

Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 AM
How do you have it hooked up to the head unit and do you have the all the setting on the amp set right. Sounds like somethings isn't adjusted right.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Had a similar issue in my '99. Same problem as you, every time I'd hit a bump, it would do a nasty sound and go off. It was a bad ground coming out of the amp, and it would touch the metal part in my back seat.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:41 AM
check your rcas you mentioned stock deck, so i would try and check out the aftermarket RCA connector thats in there, IIRC many many if not all stock decks have no RCA imputs, so it cold be the connection

also edit: reason number two like mentioned above it could be the bad grounds, sometimes its something small

Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
well thing is i got my setup installed by circuit city..... and they are no longer a local business and im nowere near Audio System Inclined ...

are there more than one ground points in the circuit?

- i replaced my amp fuse and checked the battery fuse all good....
- messed with the amp settings multiple times ( seems fixed right after than goes right back)
-and checked polarity with the sub wires

im guessing im gonna HAVE to go behind the headunit even tho i was hoping i didnt have to and or find out where the hell my ground wire is because i have NO clue what it could be so you all may be right

gonna check the ground today and ill let yall know

Old 04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
PROBLEM FIXED : Line Out Converter was faulty ... replaced with a new one and system sounds better than ever

Quick Reply: Bass doesnt hit untill volume = 75%