Dash Mount Extension for Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Mount Extension for Radio

I have a nice little Dual XML 8100 that has a flip out front where I can dock my iphone. Not the highest quality unit but good enough for my 'work' truck.

I just installed it and got it all nice a solid using the previous owners dash mount that appears to be specific for the f-150. Connected my wiring harness and got that all super clean...plugged it in, slid it in and cool, it works. Sounds fine. All the speakers firing.

But when I flip down the front to dock my iphone, there is nowhere near enough clearance to actually slip in the iphone. Some super bright engineer apparantly never tried to mount this in too many cars. At that angle, I can't imagine it could fit in too many vehicles.

Anyway, I need to slide out the radio a solid inch to make it work. Anyone know of any nice clean dash mount extension kits?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I know what your looking for. They had something very similar in the older chevy trucks. It made the unit sit farther out of the dash. Unfortunately I have not seen anything like that for the 97-03 trucks If you are crafty you may be able to get one of those kits and fab it into your existing hole... I wouldn't expect any less from DUAL. I haven't ever heard anything really good from them. The concept to dock your iphone is cool but i would opt for their "iplug system" that puts ur phone in a console or glove box. Buddy has one and it works good. Out of sight out of mind.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:36 AM
radio quest

Well, the tuner seemed to die the next day so I took the unit back and did opt for a slghtly higher costing unit with front usb that has direct iPod control.

-ck

Quick Reply: Dash Mount Extension for Radio