No Decent Speakers For us?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post No Decent Speakers For us?

F150 6x8's are hard to find. Im used to premium ref MBQ's, and Focal PolyKevlar...but is there nothing 'high end' for the F150. Id hate to step down to a RFosgate or Pioneer. And dont want some whimpy 5" plate set up.
Anyone hear the infinities, there not bad but not exactly up to par? So here is the question, if i want to put in some Kick-**** 6.5" or 6.75 Focals, how much cutting is involved and how hard is the job. What is a fair amount to pay a shop for this?
(planning to power the front 4 with RF600A4 with 75watts a channel, and do a custom 10" box powered by a RF500A2 in bridged in mono. It just seems the speakers are holding me backthe most.

------------------
Y2K Black XLT 4x2 w/ 5.4
+Eng. Mods: 3" Magnaflow off the Y and turn-down b4 the axle. K&N Gen II.
+Ride Mods: Helwig rear sway bar, Edelbrock shocks, 8ply 265/75R16 Dunlops.
+Stereo- on the way

Old 09-21-2000, 01:11 AM
use either a thick piece of plexiglass or wood and you can mount 5.25 or 6.5 components in the 6x8 openings. You can do all this yourself, just mess around a little with placement and take your time.

------------------
black 97' x-cab 4x4, 5 speed 4.6, black westin nerf bars, pilot ground searchers, borla SS split rear exhaust, K&N genII, bosch +4 plugs, superchip, flexalite electric fan, v-tech oval side window covers, IAS shocks

premier 720, pioneer 6cd changer, 12 premier sub, premier componets, 2 soso amps

still to come: new spark plug wires, new rims and tires, maybe a supercharger eventually.

Old 10-16-2000, 09:27 AM
i have cerwin vega's in my truck, i don't have much of an amp yet but it sounds good right now

Old 11-04-2000, 12:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

I blew my factory speakers in less than two weeks with a Kenwood HU only ,45x4
Bought some infinities to replace the fronts,they sounded like crap! Guess I had to install a mega amp to make them sound good. Went to radio shack(insert
laugh here) and got four of their 5x7's and
was very happy with the change. Bigger bass response much like the factory ones. I will eventually install some 6.5 mids in the door with a crossover for a tweeter somewhere on the door pillar.
That would be when I finally get the amp
(Which I am still undecided on) Love blues music and have to hear those tunes,mucho bass and screaming guitars..........98

------------------
98 F-150 4.6 Litre XLT2wd Ext. cab
prarie tan/tan int.
K/N gen.II fipk
custom dual exh/gibson rectangle tips/rear exiting.
color matched snuglid
Superchip!!!
Westin nerfs blk .powdercoat
Clear front corners
Cobra 75WXST cb w/weather alert
Kenwood cd w/Radio Shack speakers,don't laugh it sounds pretty good
Viper 500HF Security system
On the way/wheels,tires,air dam, etc..etc.......
doin the monochromatic boogie
on the front end.Billet grilles on order
www.my-f150.com
Fender Guitars,ROCK!!!

Old 11-06-2000, 11:04 AM
Stop playing around, get the JL Audio XR570s... they are a great sounding two way speaker with adjustable angle tweeter and decent external passive crossovers. They drop in without a problem.. did a Excursion with them (3 pairs) and it rocked! I would do them in myScrew as soon as I decide to step up to a sustem in it.

------------------
~DECHman
2001 S-Crew Lariat, with a list of mods to come!!

Old 11-09-2000, 11:45 AM
I've got a pair of Rfords Fanatic Q's w/juice to them and they sound ok. I kinda pissed b/c they were 360.00 and they dont sound like it. They will however choke on an assload of power which is good, at the moment they are only getting about 75rms a peice. Dont get me wrong, they scream, but just not 360.00 worth of scream. If your not going into compition, just get a good pair of 5x7 like DECHman said, listen to memphis, they sound great as well as JL and may not cost as much.

------------------
1997 F150 4x2 6cyl x-cab flareside black clearcoat

Old 11-13-2000, 02:56 PM
Try the Kicker 5x7's they run about 300 bucks but they sound good and there separates with the bridge thing going on. Also have a swiviling tweeter for aiming. I got them and they sound damn good. Not as good as my resolutions but there better then any other 5x7 out there.

------------------
99.5 red lightning
Cervini's ram air hood
billet grilles
clear coreners
clear tail's
A.R.E bed cover
SS street style mirror's
Super chip R9
airaid intake
trans go shift kit
Audio: Kenwood 9015 cd, Kenwood kmd minidisc, Kicker 5x7 impulse, kicker 5.25 resolution, phoenix gold zx450, Phoenix gold zx500, Three JL audio 10w3's, Qform's, custom built box.
Built 5/4/99 A tuesday
# 917 of 4000
Best ET. 13.42 at 100.98
best stock 13.96 at ?

When the green light drops, the bullsh*t stops.

Quick Reply: No Decent Speakers For us?