Stereo Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2000, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Stereo Problems?

I have a 97 F150 w/the CD Changer and cassette. Interesting thing happened, the stereo just quit. Took the stereo out and found that there was corrosion on the circuit board. Cleaned it up and sodered a couple of connections and got it working again. Just like new - anyone else have this problem? I know my windshield is not leaking.

Old 09-11-2000, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Good job! Glad to see you found the problem and fixed it yourself. That corrosion could have been there from day one. Sometimes it takes awhile for the mineral traces in the water that was there to take it's toll.

You also might want to check that your heater core doesn't have a very slight leak spraying up that way. Maybe even check that the drain for the A/C is clean and flowing properly too. I'm not saying that is the cause, just something to check and make sure it's not a problem.

------------------
Boss™

Ordered June 29th: 2001 F-150 Lariat, Oxford White/Silver 4x4, SC, SB, SS, 99L 5.4L, 44E tran, 7700# payload, Class III Tow, 3.73LS, Skids, Leather Captains, 4W disc ABS, shift-on-fly, keyless, HD everything
Planned Mods:
"Protected by the Owner and his 2 friends, Smith & Wesson" sticker, Westin Chromed Stainless Nerf Bars, ARE LS II bed cover, Bedrug™, Gibson Swept Side Cat Back, K&N filter w/airbox mods, headers, Superchip, 3" body lift with at least 33's, alarm/pager/auto start system, stereo system

Quick Reply: Stereo Problems?