Help! How will new subs sound on factory stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2000, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help! How will new subs sound on factory stereo?

ive been looking for a better sound setup for my truck. i'm looking into a 10" sub and an amp. audio express makes a custom f150 box to fit under the back seat. my question it this, will new speakers sound good on the factory ford cd player. i was told i should get a new cd player or it would sound like crap. but i really like the facory ford player. anyone tried a setup like this? thanks for all the help

------------------
99 4x4 XLT
4.6L V8
Torreador Red
AM/FM/CD
All Power

Coming Soon:
Tires, K&N, Dual Exhaust,
Billet, Chip

Old 08-27-2000, 07:11 PM
You can get new speakers and they will make a difference in sound, mostly mids and highs.

If your on a budget, new front speakers and a sub will make a huge difference, mainly because the sub will take over for the lows and leave the normal speakers to worry about everything above that, and they won't distort as much. Now if you have the money a new headunit will make a huge impact also.

------------------
black 97' x-cab 4x4, 5 speed 4.6, black westin nerf bars, pilot ground searchers, borla SS split rear exhaust, K&N genII, bosch +4 plugs, superchip, flexalite electric fan, v-tech oval side window covers, IAS shocks

premier 720, pioneer 6cd changer, 12 premier sub, premier componets, 2 soso amps

still to come: new spark plug wires, new rims and tires, maybe a supercharger eventually.

Old 08-29-2000, 06:41 PM
The only thing you would have to do is use a line level adapter, or get an amp that accepts high level inputs. If you don't like the sound, then you can change the HU. Like anything else, the chain is only as strong as the weakest link, but if the stock HU sounds good, who cares?

Quick Reply: Help! How will new subs sound on factory stereo?