Aftermarket HU to Factory Changer????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2000, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket HU to Factory Changer????

I recently purchased a 1997 F150 s/c with the factory HU with a factory 6 Disc changer. I am wondering how can I go about hooking up an aftermarket HU to a factory changer? Is it possible or do I have to live with the factory HU to have the changer?

Old 06-08-2000, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Yes it is possible to put an after market head unit to operate your factory 6 disc changer. But the only after market head unit you can use is Clarion, because Clarion makes the cd changer for FORD, and you will have to use a wiring harness adapter that changes the FORD connector to a Clarion wiring harness format protocol. I believe Monster Cable is one of the manufacturers that make this adapter. Hope this helps and good luck.

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares, Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifiers (700 watts), Alpine 1005 head unit/monitor, Alpine Navigational System, Alpine Digital Signal Processor with Eq controls, Alpine 6 disc changer, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Kenne Bell Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, 4.10 rear gears

Quick Reply: Aftermarket HU to Factory Changer????