Help!! Installed stereo, now keyless entry doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2000, 01:28 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!! Installed stereo, now keyless entry doesn't work!

Hey guys, I just installed a stereo in my 2000 F150. It came w/ factory keyless entry, and after the stereo install, it stopped working. I immediatley checked some fuses (because I disconnected battery for install), but they all looked ok. I even went as far as to reinstall the factory stereo,thinking it may have something to do with K.E., but no help.

Any ideas, the truck only has 90 miles on it. I read the manual and went thru the "Reprogramming Key Fobs", but it didn't work like the manual said it would! Also, why would I get a "touch pad code" when I don't even have touch pad on my door?

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT Styleside
-4x4 (yes 4x4, and I'm gonna lower it!)
-Reg.Cab
-Short box
-White
-Sport

[This message has been edited by DynoDan (edited 03-27-2000).]

Old 03-27-2000, 10:01 PM
Cool

I can't imagine why you are having this problem. Did you check ALL the fuses? The radio wiring has nothing to do with keyless entry wiring. The keyless module is behind the e-brake on the firewall. Since it's a 2000, I'd just take it back to the dealership, and have them fix it under warranty. Good luck.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 03-28-2000, 10:40 AM
Banned
Unhappy

Thanks Sycoholic. I checked all the fuses again last night, they're all OK. I didn't check the ones under the hood, should I? I even reinstalled the factory stereo and antenna again last night, no help. The procedure in the owners manual, no help. It says after the eigth cycle between position 3 and four on the ignition cylinder, the doors should lock/unlock........not in my case!

I'll take your advice and make the journey into the dealer. Do you have an email address? I've noticed that yo have done a lot of remote starter installs, and I am about to do my first.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT Styleside
-4x4 (yes 4x4, and I'm gonna lower it!)
-Reg.Cab
-Short box
-White
-Sport

dwh@dynojet.com

[This message has been edited by DynoDan (edited 03-28-2000).]

Old 03-28-2000, 11:32 AM
Question

Did you check the battery in your keyless remote?

Old 03-28-2000, 10:09 PM
Cool

Remote start is not that complicated. I install the Black Widow units, and they have a "tachless" hook up. Meaning you don't have to run a tach wire. It is a voltage sensing module. It makes it easier to wire up.

Sycoholic8@aol.com

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 04-04-2000, 04:07 PM
Lightbulb

Did you disconnect the battery while changing the radio? If so, you may need to reprogram your key fobs (I assume you are referring to the small transmitters, not the keypad on the door).

The procedure is in your manual. You do seomthing like this:

put your key in the ignition
turn the key from off to on (don't start truck) 8 times in 10 seconds.
You should hear the door locks cycle
Press any button on your first transmitter
Door locks should cycle again
Press any button on second transmitter
Door locks should cycle again

And you are done! Check your manual to double check what I wrote.

Quick Reply: Help!! Installed stereo, now keyless entry doesn't work!