Has anyone used Eclipse stereo equipt. before?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2000, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has anyone used Eclipse stereo equipt. before?

Have any of you fellow F-150'ers used any Eclipse stereo system stuff before. If so was it worth the coin that it costs? And were you pleased with it?

Old 03-03-2000, 08:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

I have Eclipse.
It is excellent quality stuff, but short on features for the $$$.
Performance is top notch though.
No skipping, noise, or reliabity problems.
Excellent sound quality and a 2 year parts and labor warranty.
Best built in security on the market.
It is overpriced IMHO, as I belive you can get quality close to that of Eclipse for less $$$.
In fact, sometime I'll probably sell mine to get one of those in dash CD changers.
If I can get $200.00 for it I would be happy (paid $325.00)

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox, Ford Running Boards, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Kicker ZR360 for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
regcab54@sc.rr.com

Old 03-03-2000, 03:16 PM
Same here. A bit pricey but excellent performance and I have peace of mind with security. Had MBQuarts installed in the front. I like the controls on the head unit, especially the tactile feel of the volume ****. For myself I've found that the fewer the options on the head unit the better - I just don't use all the features.

Old 03-04-2000, 02:57 PM
Lightbulb

Yes the head units are great but I wouldnt go with their components or subs,the aluminum cone subs are ok though but pricey!

Old 03-05-2000, 10:01 PM
Thumbs up

Here's the deal though, I can get Eclipse stuff at cost, got a buddy at an audio shop. The dicision is to go with the Pioneer deh-p700 and their in dash six disc or an equal Eclipse and their in dash six disc. I just don't know enough about Eclipse, I have heard that they are great quality, but I have never had bad luck with the Pioneer stuff at all, and it's difficult to try something new when you are comfortable with something already. The $ is not the concern it is will it be worth the chance, keep in mind that I can get it a cost.
Thanks alot guys for the quick response!!!

Old 03-05-2000, 11:48 PM
Which model Eclipse HU can you get? The 5443 has a 2.7volt pre-out, while the 5504 has a 5volt, and the 5506 has an 8volt. If you get one make sure you adjust your gains on your amp correctly or else you could be in big trouble if you get the 5506 and turn the gains way up. Eclipse makes very nice stuff, but, I have heard they do have a little problem skipping. Although Eclipse has fixed that with the recent ones they have shipped.

On the other hand, I am a big fan of Pioneer, that's what I use as my HU and I think they are great. They give you lots of features for the money. You get the EasyEQ, DFS alarm, 5 volt outs on that one(assuming it's the DEH-P7000R). I haven't had a problem with my Pioneer since I got it, plays all my CD-R's, never skips, and sounds great. If you can, go to the shop and take your favorite CD and use it to listen to them both, you might hear a difference between the two you might not. You can't lose either way though.

------------------
98 XLT, 4.6L V8, Reg. Cab, S/S, Dark tinted windows, Ranch Hard Tonneau Cover, Better Built Bed Rails, Lund Lunar Visor, Smitty Bilt Sure Step Bars, Headlight/Tailight Covers, Deflecta-shield window guards and bug shield, Duraliner Bed Liner, Pioneer Premier P98R CD player, Kicker Resolution 5.2 component set in front, 2 12" Kicker Solobaric Subs, 2 Kicker ZR240's for subs, Kicker ZX460 for components and rear, Alumapro 15 farad the CAP

Old 03-19-2000, 04:45 AM
Eclpise does make nice stuff.
Their aluminum subs are some of the most impressive subs i have seen,, a great balance between SQ/SPL, if u have the power for them.

Their head units performance wise are excellent, but they look a little blah. Still if u dont care about looks and want performance,, they are great.

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2000, 10:25 AM
i've had my eclipse for 4 years hasn't skipped once!!!awsome stuff.....

------------------
-97 F150 FLARESIDE XLT REG.CAB.4X2 PACIFIC GREEN/GREY INTERIOR
-4.6L AUTO TRANNY 3.55 LS REAR
-MODS-
-ROUSH RACING PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION LOWERED 3 FRONT 3.5 REAR WITH BILSTIEN SHOCKS
-GOODYEAR EAGLE LS TIRES
-4X4 GRILL/BUMPER AND LIGHTS
-PAINT MATCHED SNUG LID BED COVER GREY CARPETED BED KIT
-VENTSHADES
-PAINT MATCHED SLOTTED TAILIGHT ACCENTS CLEAR FRONT CORNERS
-BLUE HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS/BUMPER LIGHTS TOO
-K&N FILTER-WMS AIR TUBE-CUSTOM RAM AIR FROM BUMPER OPENING
-SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE!!) POWERAID(WHISTLE BOX) ACCELL SUPER STOCK PLUG WIRES BOSCH PLATINUM PLUS 4'S
-VALVOLINE FULL SYNTHETIC 10W30
-FLOWMASTER MUFFLER(to be changed to JARDINE system)
-SPEED GLO DASH& CARBON FIBER GAUGE ACCENT HUSKY LINER FLOOR MATS
-STEREO:
-ECLIPSE HEAD UNIT/SONY ADJUSTIBLE CROSSOVER MOUNTED IN DRIVER DOOR MAP POCKET/BOSTON 6.5 SEPERATES/RUN BY PIONEER AMP/2-12"ORION DVC SUBS POWERED BY ORION HCCA AMP/CUSTOM SUB BOX/1 FARAD CAP/WAY TOO MANY CD'S!!!!
CLIFFORD ALARM&REMOTE START.
"#6 STICKER" GO MARTIN!!

Old 03-19-2000, 10:49 AM
Thumbs down

Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky with my Eclipse head unit. I'm on my second one in a year. I have the 5341R head unit and 2101 eq. Separates in the front and JL Stealthbox sub.
The problem I'm having with the head unit is very poor reception, skipping and engine noise. We've tried different grounding sources to minimize engine whine and have reduced it quite a bit. But the other problems are inherent in the head unit. I was driving through Houston recently and the scan/seek function only picked up one station (spanish). There's a gillion stations in Houston. Medium sized bumps/holes in the road produce skipping.
I do like the Eclipse speakers, equalizer and really like the Stealthbox. I have an Expedition.

Old 03-24-2000, 07:18 AM
Question

I have a question about the Eclipse head unit skipping. I have a 5443 and noticed it happens occasionally. Is this a symptom of a flawed unit?

------------------
2000 F-150 4.6l XLT extended cab short-bed Island Blue. Built 1/03/00 Delivered 1/15/00
Hard Tonneau lid by Jason Industries.
Coming soon: Rhino spray-on bed liner, K&N FIPK, superchip?

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Eclipse stereo equipt. before?