im lookin to buy (ahem......used....really tight budget)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-1999, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post im lookin to buy (ahem......used....really tight budget)

fairly new to the audio scene, at least for my truck anyways. here's the deal ive been scopin this board and the chat room for about a month and im pretty dissapointed. it seems to my dismay that there is no way to use my stock 6 disk with an aftermarket deck. i dont really want all new stuff but im a big bass fan so im willing to bite the bullet for better sound. if im wrong about the changr interface please tell me. the rca converter thing never puts out good signal not to mention that whole thing about the deck cutting out low freqs at high volume really sux. so what im lookin for is second hand ide like to get a tapedeck(still got those primitive tunes) and a changer(if needed) preferably not fm modulated. if avail id also like to get an EQ. ive already replaced the door speakers so thats not necessary. feel free to email me at stevenisadupa@yahoo.com by the way ive got a 97 extended w/minor mods, audio: infinity kappas in doors, orion cobalt pushin 260w to one 10 inch boston acustic ralley pro in a ported box

Old 12-06-1999, 07:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

For a budget system try http://www.egghead.com
They sell a Blaupunkt AM/FM/Cass with a 8 disk CD changer for about U$200 under their auction listing. Or U$250 straight up.
Fritz

Old 12-07-1999, 02:46 AM
Question

how do you like the sound of the kappas? Do they sound good? Do they produce good sounding mids and highs? I'm thinking of putting a pair in the rear and components in front.

------------------
97 F-150 S/C 4x4 ORP XLT 4.6 K&N , Flowmaster, Bosch+4 plugs,MSD 8.5 wires,Superchip.Patriot fiberglass toneau cover, Westin chrome step bars.
Future mods:4" lift,ram air hood,and a supercharger.

Old 12-07-1999, 03:03 AM
I have the Kappas and they sound pretty good!

Todd

------------------
97 White F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP, 4.6, SuperChip, Stillen Air Intake, Gibson Exhaust, Weld Wheels, 33" Bridgestone A/T Duelers, 3" Body Lift, Rancho 9000's, Billet Grill, SmittyBilt Nerf Bars (Stainless), SnugTop Shell (Expo), Electric Sunroof, Super White Headlights.
Future Mods : White face gauge. Supercharger.

Sound System:
Sony ES CDX780 Head Unit, Sony ES 10 Disk Changer, Sony ES XDP 210 EQ/DSP, MTX Pro 4X75W AMP, Kenwood 300W AMP for Sub., 1 Fared Lightning Monitor Cap, Optima Yellow Top Battery, MTX ThunderForm W/2-8"-4ohm Fosgate Punch XLC, Infinity Kappa components in front, Infinity Kappa 5X7 rear.

Todd's Domain

Quick Reply: im lookin to buy (ahem......used....really tight budget)