How to...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to...

I just bought a 1998 F150 and the 6 cd changer was taken out. I have decided to go with a single cd player and use the compartment the other cd player came in as storage. I popped off the front cover where the tape player is at to see what I need to do as far as on what screws to take out. I got a little scared of it and decided to get some help on the subject. I would like to get some info on how to take out the tape player. The rest is gravy for me.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
On the front of the player there are 4 little square holes. Two on the left side and two on the right side. You need to either get some DIN radio removal tools (which are basically two peices of wire bent in a U shape) or else get a wire coat hanger, nail, etc...anything that you can get to fit in there. You need to stick whatever you get in there far enough to release the little clips, then with some working around you can get the HU to pull straight out.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I did see what you are talking about. Those clips are hard to get out. So far so good.

Quick Reply: How to...