Mp3 Hu

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mp3 Hu

Does anyone know if the radio says MP3 on the front is it going to be audiophile ? Iwould like to upgrade if possible..Sorry I forgot it is on the 04 FX4!!

Old 01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
I have an MP3 head unit but it is not the audiophile system. From what I understand, the audiophile system uses the same (if not similar) head unit, but it adds component speakers in the front doors, an amp, and a sub.

So, to answer your question........you do not have an audiophile system just because the head unit plays MP3s.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:27 AM
MP3s

I have a 04 lariat with the audiophile system but when I put an mp3 cd it says cd rom disc. Is is that plays just some kind of mp3? Please clarify me thanks Abel. :o :santa:

Old 01-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Abe,

As far as the display saying "cd-rom disc":

I beleive most head units that DO NOT play MP3 or WMA recorded discs will say this. I believe that just because you have an AUDIOPHILE system, it does not necessarily mean your head unit will play MP3s.

Try this:
1) Burn a disc of your songs in standard format, the one that has to be finalized in order to play on most cd players.
2) Try that disc in your head unit to make sure it can read homemade discs made from the program you would normally use.
3) If it plays, burn another in mp3 format using the same program you used earlier. (most programs ask what format you want to burn in).
4) If it doesn't play, then it doesn't play mp3s or it isn't compatible with the program you used. If it does, then the first disc may be a bad disc.

Also check out this forum:https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=183352

Hope this helps!!!!!

Last edited by heybeermantx; 01-29-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:03 PM
It didn't hit me until I read some other threads.......

Most factory head units DO NOT read CD-RW discs.....they must be CD-R....this is most likely your problem and the reason the display says "CD-ROM DISC".

So make sure you burn to a CD-R disc so you don't waste your CD-RWs.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all your help. I will try your those and update when finished. Thanks A lot Abel.

Quick Reply: Mp3 Hu