Total Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Newbie question

Guys completely new to the forums sorry if this has been beat to death. Hope I don't get flamed for asking such a newbie questions. Just got a 2004 F150 extended cab.

I want to keep my current cd/radio in the truck but want to upgrade the speakers some and add a subwoofer.

I found another thread about their being no output on the factory radio and needing a LOC (line output converter) in order to hook up a sub.

What i am trying to figure out is what wire goes into the LOC? Rear speaker wire? Would I be better served to get an amp and mount that under the seat and then run the sub off the amp? I have done some stero work on a buddies ranger but that was replacing the entire unit.

HELP and sorry if I am reposting a common question, thanks for helpng a newbie.

Richard

Old 12-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Re: Total Newbie question

Originally posted by Monroe duck
Guys completely new to the forums sorry if this has been beat to death. Hope I don't get flamed for asking such a newbie questions. Just got a 2004 F150 extended cab.

I want to keep my current cd/radio in the truck but want to upgrade the speakers some and add a subwoofer.

I found another thread about their being no output on the factory radio and needing a LOC (line output converter) in order to hook up a sub.

What i am trying to figure out is what wire goes into the LOC? Rear speaker wire? Would I be better served to get an amp and mount that under the seat and then run the sub off the amp? I have done some stero work on a buddies ranger but that was replacing the entire unit.

HELP and sorry if I am reposting a common question, thanks for helpng a newbie.

Richard
Welcome to the site. You hook the LOCs wires to the stock speaker wires behind the stock HU. Then run RCAs from them to your amp. Then run new speaker wires from your speaker amp to your upgrade speakers. Use a spiltter on one of the RCAs to get your signial to your sub amp. Good luck!

Last edited by Dupuis; 12-07-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks

Quick Reply: Total Newbie question