Pioneer XM Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pioneer XM Installation

I have an XM-ready pioneer head unit and have ordered the Pioneer tuner (GEX-P900XM) from Crutchfield that should be here Thursday and I plan to do an install this weekend. Let me also say that I am somewhat new to F-150's - I have a 2000 extended cab, V-6 and for the most part plain Jane truck. I want the install to be clean - the antenna I ordered is the through the glass Terk - my questions concern where to put the tuner box and how to get the wiring from the tuner box to the head unit in the dash.

Do the plastic pieces that run along the floor by the doorway pop up? Is there a channel underneath in which to run wires? The information that I read said something about needing an "always hot" electrical connection - what should I tap into to make that connection?

I have looked around here at XM installs, but have not seen these particular questions answered. Any and all help will be appreciated!

Best regards,

Ken Browning
McCalla, AL

Old 04-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a center console (floor mounted), or bench seat in front?

If its a console, you can try the space under the cup holder. Just pull it straight up, and there's a good sized dead space underneath. I zip tied the tuner to the console unit there. The PIE cable comes down from the head unit, behind the heater box cover and under the carpet. The antenna runs from the third brake area, behind the headliner, and down to the carpet from the driver's side rear. (NOTE: removing the rear bench make fishing the wire MUCH easier).

If you don't have the console, you could try behind the kick panel on the passenger side; or, I believe it might fit in the space behind the glovebox, nearest the passenger side door.

You won't be disappointed with this addition to your truck!

Quick Reply: Pioneer XM Installation