Kit Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kit Rattle

hey guys...my alpine 9815 HU is about 3 months old now...and Ive been noticing lately that the kit (not the unit) rattles now. This didnt happen before.....what could be causing this?

What should I do about it? I thought about lining it with some padding matierial..but dont want to use something that will get too hot and melt. Any advice here?

Old 12-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replace the kit.....

Old 12-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd take it apart, make sure the clips are all the way in and the screws are tight. If they are ok, I'd go along the lines of what you are thinking, getting some foam or rubber and try to tighten up the install. As far as heat, that is a concern so I'd personally go to home depot or other stores to see what they have, and look up the temp specs on that material. I'm sure you can look up the specs for foam and rubber on the net. But, I doubt rubber or heavy duty foam will burn or catch fire from the heat of the head unit, the head unit is surrounded by plastic anyway, and that gets pretty hot(i have a alpine cda-9813) but nothing to worry about.

Also, you might want to pull the head unit out, and make sure the wires and connectors( like the preout's) are secured and not wedged somewhere where they can rattle or something. Just a thought too.

Last edited by Hawkz28; 12-29-2003 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Kit Rattle