Just ordered the Pioneer DEH-6500

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just ordered the Pioneer DEH-6500

Well, I just ordered the 2003 model Pioneer DEH-6500. This unit is the same as the older 6400 but has a white OEL display and with the new 2003 XM tuner it allows 16 character display WITH SCROLLING. This is one of the things I have been waiting for! and this unit also allows an illuminator hookup so the unit will dim a little when you turn the lights on....

Now, I won't have the MP3 capability, which I kind of wanted, but I don't see a replacement for the 7400 on the horizon at this point.

Should be here by next Thursday.

I haven't ordered the XM tuner yet since it is still not in the stores but it should be available in the next week or so.

That's it for now, I'll post up some pics when I get it installed.

Later,
Chris (ReelWork)

Last edited by ReelWork; 02-01-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bout damn time... LOL...

Wish I had scroll...

RP

Old 02-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Pioneer makes good HU's

Old 02-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Talking

Originally posted by RockPick
Bout damn time... LOL...

Wish I had scroll...

RP
Dude, you made me spew milk outta my nose!

Well, it should be here Wednesday and wouldn't ya know it, Best Buy got it in this weekend also... Just as well, I just about hate those bastards and even though they are conveniently close, I am glad I didn't buy from them. Everything is always a goat rope after the sale.. OK I'm done whining! LOL

On the fliphand, it was nice to actually see the unit up close and physically working, touch it and go thourgh all the features - very nice and I found it was nicer than it's predecessor the 6400/7400 which was the one I was originally going to get.. I even liked the newer white background which I wasn't too sure of initially...

I'm still waiting on Pioneer to release the new XM tuner that has the scrolling capability. I have sent them an e-mail so hopefully I will know more soon...

Later,

Chris (ReelWork)

Last edited by ReelWork; 02-03-2003 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ReelWork
Dude, you made me spew milk outta my nose!

I'm still waiting on Pioneer to release the new XM tuner that has the scrolling capability. I have sent them an e-mail so hopefully I will know more soon...
Spew milk out your nose eh? Better than spewing it elsewhere... although, either way, you're waisting perfectly good milk. I'm notifying the Dairy Board of your spewing actions...

Let us know on the email to Pioneer. I'd be suprised to hear if you get a return. They don't seem to answer many emails... been there, done that (when I was trying to figure out which HU I was going to purchase to go along with my GEM-FM903XM setup).

RP

Old 02-05-2003, 08:31 AM
They replied yesterday and they said to basically "check our website periodically over the next month" - great answer huh... I am definitely waiting on this one. 16 character scrolling display would be great!

Hey RP, concerning the Clarion Sub, I got a question fer ya since I may be doing the install this afternoon (if UPS cooperates! ). On hookup did you use the T-harness you were using before and just run RCA's from the HU. Did you do all of the above and clip the speaker feeds? Or, did you do disconnect and toss the T-harness altogether and run the appropriate power/ground/on-off wires with a RCA connected to the sub out??? I'd like to have control of the sub independently, probably like you hooked yours up..

Later and thanks!

Chris (ReelWork)

BTW, I am leaving the milk discussion alone, going south really fast! LOL

Old 02-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Wahooo....

Went home at lunch and while I was watching some news, the infamous brown "knock and run" occurred. My HU has arrived! Too bad the weather sucks and all. I'll be installing this with the doors closed and the heater on.. LOL

Later,

Chris (ReelWork)

Quick Reply: Just ordered the Pioneer DEH-6500