'04-'08 Aftermarket Headlight Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04-'08 Aftermarket Headlight Issue

Hello all,

I'm not sure where to post this issue so I figured i'd put it here. I recently bought a pair of aftermarket headlights for my 2006 F-150. I only needed a passenger side replacement but I found it cheaper to buy a pair on eBay. When I took the headlights out of the box, I noticed the reflector "cap" thingy that sticks out in the center where the halogen bulb goes in was way off center. I'm trying to describe this as best as I can. Maybe tomorrow I can post some pictures to show.

After installing the light, I pulled up to a wall to check out the results. The passenger side practically faces straight down to the ground compared to the stock OEM driver's side one. The adjustment screw does nothing. I know the cause is that cap thing being way off center. But the only way I can think to fix it is somehow stick something in there and try to get it back to center as best as possible. Aftermarket parts always have some crazy crap going on but it was better than paying $300 to Ford for one light. Has anyone else had this strange issue?

Old 08-23-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dave06ford
Hello all,

I'm not sure where to post this issue so I figured i'd put it here. I recently bought a pair of aftermarket headlights for my 2006 F-150. I only needed a passenger side replacement but I found it cheaper to buy a pair on eBay. When I took the headlights out of the box, I noticed the reflector "cap" thingy that sticks out in the center where the halogen bulb goes in was way off center. I'm trying to describe this as best as I can. Maybe tomorrow I can post some pictures to show.

After installing the light, I pulled up to a wall to check out the results. The passenger side practically faces straight down to the ground compared to the stock OEM driver's side one. The adjustment screw does nothing. I know the cause is that cap thing being way off center. But the only way I can think to fix it is somehow stick something in there and try to get it back to center as best as possible. Aftermarket parts always have some crazy crap going on but it was better than paying $300 to Ford for one light. Has anyone else had this strange issue?
Those aftermarket housings have been known to be junk. I'd either send it back to the company for a replacement, or, send it back for a refund and go find a used oe housing. The latter is probably your best bet.

If the aftermarkets are sealed like the oe, you'd have to put it in the oven to melt the seal enough to open it. At that point, if you don't seal it right, you'll have condensation issues. Really more hassle than you need.

Just as an example, a used good condition oe housing wouldn't be too much. It's too bad this one is for the wrong side. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

Old 06-30-2020, 12:21 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by Relly Donald
Can you guys please upload a video on how to change the transmission mount on Hyundai Elantra 2013. Or at least the location of it please. There is not video online showing how to replace/locate it....keep up the great work.
Go ask on a Hyundai forum...........

Quick Reply: '04-'08 Aftermarket Headlight Issue