Need help with Recon White Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Recon White Lighting

I'm new to this forum but I found a lot of information on the White Lighting LED tailgate bar here, but I had one quick question. I got it all installed and plugged it into the 4-pin trailer lights, the brake lights, turn signals, and reverse lights work perfectly but the light bar does not display the dim red it is supposed to with just the normal lights on. Is there anyway I can just figure out what wire is supposed to control this, I'm assuming it is the black and white one with the in-line fuse, and just splice it into any hot 12V source and everything will still work? Any info will help, I am confused. Thanks

Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
call recon.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Have you checked the trailer 4pin to make sure that it has power for the tails......?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I am going to in the morning, I did look in the fuse box and found that all the fuses are still good..

Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04_Screw
I'm new to this forum but I found a lot of information on the White Lighting LED tailgate bar here, but I had one quick question. I got it all installed and plugged it into the 4-pin trailer lights, the brake lights, turn signals, and reverse lights work perfectly but the light bar does not display the dim red it is supposed to with just the normal lights on. Is there anyway I can just figure out what wire is supposed to control this, I'm assuming it is the black and white one with the in-line fuse, and just splice it into any hot 12V source and everything will still work? Any info will help, I am confused. Thanks
I had a recon bar that did the same thing. They told me I needed load resistors, I put them in, same thing. RTV 1 lightbar.

Quick Reply: Need help with Recon White Lighting