Truck Bed Fishing Pole Holder??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Bed Fishing Pole Holder??

Has anyone come up with one yet? I dont want my poles sliding around in the bed anymore. I'm just waiting to find a broken eyelet one day. I have a soft tonneau cover cover on it so I want it to mount the rods horizontally on the side of the bed liner some how. I found this on ebay and was thinking of mounting it with some pan head screws to my drop in bedliner. Any thoughts or other ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_922

I think I put this in the wrong section. Mods please move if I did.

Last edited by 08SILVERFX4; 06-21-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: wrong section, please move mods
Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Look for a member named TunaSlayer. He makes some bad *** rod holders

Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah I've seen his, and they are pretty damn sick but his rod holders will make the rod sit above the bed rails and I wont be able to unroll my tonneau cover. The idea is that I will be able to store my 2 rods in the bed of my truck hanging from or strapped in to the side of my bed liner and still be able to roll up my tonneau cover if needed. I think I'm gonna try the rod saver in the link above and see how well that comes together. Thanks for the response.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Shoot him a pm. He custom makes them. I'm sure he has a model for those with the covers.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM
if you have a bed liner you could get creative with some wood and pvc pipe

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 PM
truck rod holder PORTAROD

Have you had any luck finding or making a fishing rod holder for your truck. I was trying to build one myself and found it to be pretty expensive and wasn't wanting to drill into my truck. 2x4's and PVC aren't exactly my style either. there are now some pretty good options on the market. I found one called Portarod. Best rod holder for truck as long as you dont have a tonneau cover. No drilling and you can adjust the angle of the rods to the degree that works for you. Google portarod and you will find a ton of info and pictures. Hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Years ago, I made my own. I took two pieces of flat galvanized stock and for the one towards the front of the bed, I used U bolts with rubber hose around the bolt to protect the rod. Toward the back of the bed I used the spring loaded clamps that are hung on the wall to hold brooms, rakes etc. In my case I bolted them directly the lip of the bed, but I am sure you could come up with a way of clamping them to the lip. Hung them about 3 feet apart. I think my total cost was about $3. I am sure the parts would cost more now, but it would be a lot cheaper than what you would pay for someone else to make a product to do it.

Trending Topics

Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a lot of boat products that can be adapted to a truck bed. Check out Overtons, West Marine, Bass Pro, etc. It never hurts to think outside the box so to speak!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
If theyre under your cover, why dont you just bungee them down to the floor like they use on bass boat floors. Something like this..................

http://www.marinecarpeting.com/rod-s...u2v1ldis8qtbp6

Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by 08SILVERFX4
Has anyone come up with one yet? I dont want my poles sliding around in the bed anymore. I'm just waiting to find a broken eyelet one day. I have a soft tonneau cover cover on it so I want it to mount the rods horizontally on the side of the bed liner some how. I found this on ebay and was thinking of mounting it with some pan head screws to my drop in bedliner. Any thoughts or other ideas?

I think I put this in the wrong section. Mods please move if I did.
Rod Rack - under/flush with tonneau cover

I built this for a buddy of mine for his dodge1500, was about $150 in materials. works great.
Its pretty easy to build if you have some basic tools, lite to medium knowledge of woodworking is needed.

Last edited by YellowFinII; 03-30-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM
my buddy built one for his ranger out of pvc the rods sit at a little angle so they go above the bed rails it could be modded so it doesnt go above the rails tho. he spent prolly 30 bucks in material it is all pvc and holds all our shark reels fine. it holds like 12 rods in it.

Quick Reply: Truck Bed Fishing Pole Holder??