Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks
I am working on getting a locker in the front next

Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Larry~
I really dont know where to start with your new one or what to complement first, but that grill is kick a*$! What kind is it and do you know if they make a similar one for the F150's?

Either way, here are a few pic's of mine with the flares and steps installed ..... Black on white of course!

Just got a phone call today that said the bumpers are in so hopefully this weekend I can sneak away from work and go pick them up ..... More pics to come once those are installed!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
the grille is made by Royalty Core and yes they do make grilles for your truck
they are pricey.
http://www.royaltycore.com/smartlist_67/2009-2012

Mine came with the sword but latter I took it off. I thought this grill was worth the price because it was different than most and didn't overlay on the surround on my grille.

also I liked the side bars that set the grille aside from the rest.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by TX_KingRanch
Larry~
I really dont know where to start with your new one or what to complement first, but that grill is kick a*$! What kind is it and do you know if they make a similar one for the F150's?

Either way, here are a few pic's of mine with the flares and steps installed ..... Black on white of course!

Just got a phone call today that said the bumpers are in so hopefully this weekend I can sneak away from work and go pick them up ..... More pics to come once those are installed!
Your truck looks good! Nice choice on the wheels, Of course the fender flares look good on your truck!
I see you went with the nfab steps
What bumper are you getting?

Grille and lights ????
I really like my Rigid lights.

On my F150 I put in Limited slip carrier in the front and a while latter I regretted it .... after one of my 4x4 runs. needed a locker.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Larryw1
Your truck looks good! Nice choice on the wheels, Of course the fender flares look good on your truck!
I see you went with the nfab steps
What bumper are you getting?

Grille and lights ????
I really like my Rigid lights.

On my F150 I put in Limited slip carrier in the front and a while latter I regretted it .... after one of my 4x4 runs. needed a locker.

The bumpers are Fab Fours Black Steel Prerunner Style Front Bumper and a matching style rear bumper. Their website does not have any pictures of the prerunner style front and while I have never seen them before and after countless hours of searching google and even contacting Fab Fours, I ended up buying them "hoping" that they are what I want! I think I may be getting the first one ever of this style and type, so we shall see!

Similar Front Bumper Styling
(http://www.fabfours.com/blacksteelbu...acksteelbumper

Rear Bumper Image
http://www.fabfours.com/blacksteelbu...teelrearbumper

As for lights, yes I will be getting some but do not know which direction I want to go and I want to see the bumper first. If my budget was unlimited, I would go with the Rigid hands-down but since it is not, I am looking more like going with some PIAA or KC rounds?!?!

Thanks for the link to the grills and you're right, they are expensive! Again, if money was not an issue I would definitely get the most expensive one listed with the black and chrome Ford logo. One of the best looking aftermarket grills I've seen!

Last edited by TX_KingRanch; 06-17-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling errors which changed the tone of the message
Old 06-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Just an example on the lights.

by the time I bought the Light bar and the two sets of KC lights on my F150 I had spent the around 500.00
I got the rigid 20" for 599.99 for my F250
so for me I went with the rigid on my new truck.
More light and a cleaner install. Less wires.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Just an example on the lights.

by the time I bought the Light bar and the two sets of KC lights on my F150 I had spent the around 500.00
I got the rigid 20" for 599.99 for my F250
so for me I went with the rigid on my new truck.
More light and a cleaner install. Less wires.

So with this bumper and the "Pre-Runner" bar that is not on yours..... don't you think that it is calling for two 6" round lights to fill the space in-between the bar and bumper? I really do like the Rigid's and I think that I now *NEED* to get new lights all around and upgrade to some HID's..... What kind of headlights do you have on your F250? Are those the Spyder Halo ones? I've started looking over in the lighting forums and threads and I'm getting dizzy just trying to digest all the information over there..... A lot of stuff to take in for a lighting Noob!!!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM
what does the bumper look like in the winch area or where the plate would go. cant see very well in the picture.

the Lights on my F250 are Recons (not much of a choice for the F250)
on my F150 I used factory Harley lights with the brightest bulbs I could find.

my friend had HID's but he kept having problems with them so I just didn't want to deal with them.

do you like the Harley blacked out factory lights. for the head lights!

Rigid makes nice lights, I am thinking about the look verses the light?
Some 6" round will look good but what lights are you thinking about.

and will they be Hids?

how much space do you have for the Led bar can you put a 40" "E' series in there? or only a 20" will the 20" look to small or fit just between the bars
all these are questions I would be looking at when deciding on what to install.

the light bar would fit along the white piece below your grill. and only block that. what grill are you getting?
how will the lights , grill and bumper all blend together. What is your taste.
round running or led running lights. beam or flood? me I mixed mine
the four round I used two flood and two beam.
my 20" led is a mixed flood and bean my two small led's are flood

Old 06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
nice bumper! forgot to mention!!!!!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 AM
what does the bumper look like in the winch area or where the plate would go. cant see very well in the picture.

the Lights on my F250 are Recons (not much of a choice for the F250)
on my F150 I used factory Harley lights with the brightest bulbs I could find.

my friend had HID's but he kept having problems with them so I just didn't want to deal with them.

do you like the Harley blacked out factory lights. for the head lights!

Rigid makes nice lights, I am thinking about the look verses the light?
Some 6" round will look good but what lights are you thinking about.

and will they be Hids?

how much space do you have for the Led bar can you put a 40" "E' series in there? or only a 20" will the 20" look to small or fit just between the bars
all these are questions I would be looking at when deciding on what to install.

the light bar would fit along the white piece below your grill. and only block that. what grill are you getting?
how will the lights , grill and bumper all blend together. What is your taste.
round running or led running lights. beam or flood? me I mixed mine
the four round I used two flood and two beam.
my 20" led is a mixed flood and bean my two small led's are flood
All very good points to consider and I appreciate your input on the matter ..... And not to hijack this thread (because it is all still about white trucks) but to hijack it a little more and respond to what seems to be our personal conversation here...

The front cover is off the bumper in the picture because I had an issue mounting it and haven't gotten better pics with in on yet... But its just a flat piece of black diamond plate, slightly bent in at the bottom to mirror the lines in the bumper. It has two openings near where the factor tow hooks were with new tow hooks provided by Fab Fours recessed behind the plate.

I do like the Harley heads and tails and for the money you certainly cant beat 'em for the 'blackout" look. I guess its just then a decision to go with an HID conversion kit with them or not..... and then it appears if you go that route, there are endless amounts of options (DIY retrofits, retrofits by others, Spyders, Recons, Halo's, no halo's, etc.). Again, just starting my research on these.

I'm sure Rigid make a great light (durability, output, warranty, etc.) but I can not seem to get over the cost. A 40" bar would not fit, and I think I barely have 30" in-between the bars to mount on the base bumper. Something like yours with a 20" bar and and some more to the sides would look great, but again, cost is something that I think will hold me back on that for some time! The lights I have been looking at are just your average KC and PIAA 6" round lights, but I am starting to search for some HID off-road lights; which then gets me back into the debate of replacing all the lights with HID's. I do LOVE the clean and crisp look of a nicely done set of HID's with that pure white light output (not the annoying ricer light) and if I go that way with either HID off-road or HID/LED heads and tails, my mind (not necessarily my wallet) tells me you HAVE to do them all!

As for the grill..... I wish you would have never shown me that website with the one you got yours from because IMO, nothing else compares and that thing is BAD A**! In the mean time while my search continues, I'm thinking I may blackout the stork grill (or parts of it) with Plasti-dip or some spray can PTM kinda job. Something relatively inexpensive that can give me an idea of the complete "blackout" look without spending a ton of cash and can easily be replaced or removed in the case of the plasti-dip!

As for now, the search goes on and the "I NEED....." list continues to grow the further in I get with my mods and appears to be no end in sight!!! Its a sickness I tell ya .... But then again, anyone on this site knows that all to well!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 AM
nice bumper! forgot to mention!!!!!
Oh, and I forgot to thank you for the compliment! (looking back at my posts above) I see that I already mentioned this but to reiterate what I said above ..... I was very nervous buying it because I have not seen another truck with this particular bumper and even Fab Fours themselves did not have ANY pictures of this style bumper on any generation of 150 at all.... so I think I may have their first one in their new line of Black Steel Bumpers with the pre-runner front end on an F150 and overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome minus the few minor snags I encountered during installation. But in the end, it looks great and I don't regret getting it at all!

Last edited by TX_KingRanch; 06-26-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 AM
There are some nice truck on this thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mrocha85
Took me awhile to get some decent weather and to give her a good cleaning.

nice truck! Nice combo!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks Larry. Here's some updated photos.

Name:  20130624_153208_zps9d9bd6ae.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:  20130624_153158_zps83dd8a58.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  126.3 KB

Name:  20130624_153149_zps19f6d59e.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  125.3 KB

Name:  20130624_153138_zps64bb38ba.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  101.2 KB

Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Mrocha85
Thanks Larry. Here's some updated photos.

Nice looking truck Mrocha85! What did you use to paint the front crossmember and how's it holding up against chips from road debris? I also like the custom plates in black and white. I think I'm gonna have to eventually get a set to complete the black and white theme!

Last edited by TX_KingRanch; 06-27-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Quick Reply: POST ALL WHITE TRUCKS HERE----> Show Off