HHO kits? anyone

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im calling B.S. if this kit is so easy to install and makes such a big difference in fuel economy...don't you think we would see these things on new cars and trucks leaving the factory?

Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
HHO kits are about as truthful as throttle body spaces on fuel injected vehicles, seafoam, the tornado intake kit, and electric turbochargers
So your saying the Airaid Throttle body spacer, the Tornado, and my electric turbocharger that I have on my truck aren't helping..

I even use Seafoam to help clean it all out... I also added a fitch fuel catalyst last week.. I get about 4 more mpg's with it. Also added a .99 resistor I bought on ebay... Added 30hp and 15mpgs... Getting close to 56mpg's now. 1700 miles per tank now

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by malexander52
I have always been a fan of this stuff purely for the ingenuity and inventiveness. 1% inspiration, %99 perspiration right?

Hows about this. Go get a tank of hydrogen. Tap your intake. Put a manual valve between the tank and intake somewhere in the cab. (Dangerous as hell so don't forget to turn it off!).
Myth busters pumped hydrogen into a Mercedes and got some nice back flash. Hydrogen burns waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than oxygen.
Lemme know what you come up with.

Don't blow yourself up.
Hydrogen doesn't burn, neither does oxygen. By definition a combustion reaction is carbon based...like the most common example of the oxygen/acetylene torch. Acetylene is H-C=C-H, carbon makes 4 bonds so it can take on a total of four more hydrogens or two more oxygens (they make 2 bonds) to form most commonly CO2 and H2O (yes, water is made in a combustion reaction). I can also list many other products that could be produced with just C, O and H.

Myth busters should be taken with a grain of salt, they are for entertainment of a mostly ignorant audience that can be dazzled with smoke and mirrors rather than actual scientific investigation intended to enlighten. I've seen them manipulate their data collection methods and results enough that I no longer watch the show. Did you also notice that the car you mentioned did not run for very long on JUST hydrogen. That can be contributed to factors like residual fuel in the carburetor and lines. A match can burn just by striking it but that doesn't mean it will keep burning.

I HAVE seen HHO used successfully and in a way that is easily explainable.
It was an HHO/CH3OH injection system. Anyone who deals with labratory chemicals will instantly recognize the CH3OH as methanol. I saw it used in a water/methanol injection system for a heavily modified VW car. It wasn't used to improve mileage though. Instead it was used drop the boosted air temp before going into the engine to generate more power (air density and temp are inversely related)...and it worked VERY well.

Last edited by Longshot270; 09-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: HHO kits? anyone