Bypass Module

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bypass Module

Is there any way to NOT to use one on a 2001 F150.(By Pass Module actually a Transponder) I bought a remote starter kit that has all bells whistles, and found you have to buy another key. $50.00 Ford dealer.. RIP OFF. I found out all keys just need to be reprogramed, after being cut.Ford says two are easy to do. Three have to go to dealer.. Another $50.00.Wouldn't tell me how. I turned wrenches,several years ago for GM and was ASA crertified, so I know there is a way to reprogram them. All three! And Should be able to by pass module. Am I right or wrong? Give me some info please.....All Help is Appericated...How to reprgram keys, where to get a key or chip (EBAYsells them I know) or by pass module all together..
Thanks David C

PS a "GOOD SCHEMATIC also"
Thanks Again David C.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Quality bypass modules do NOT require you to have an extra key.
You'll need one or two keys to PROGRAM the ByPass, and that is it. The keys stay on your keyring as usual.
Here are 2 ByPass kit numbers.
PKF-1 $20
XK-04 $40
You may have to call or email for more information.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Red face Transponder Problem?

Problem with Remote start keyless entry. Starter turns over but engine never starts. Put key into Ignition in the “off” position and it starts. Checked the relay in the Transponder Bypass unit with an ohm meter and it does close. The ring around (wire ring-one winding) the key cylinder checked for continuity with the ohm meter too. I got a different ring and did three windings around the cylinder and it started. Taped the ring in place, put the shroud back, cleaned up the wires and taped the bypass transponder under the steering column. Does not start again! What am I doing wrong?
The unit is a Valiant RS 111 and a Valiant Bypass unit with a key in it (tried two different keys!). I have installed several Valiant, Galaxy units with out a problem. Only two units needed bypass transponder. The support line (www.ICDynamics.com) was not much help. I have made several calls and they wanted me to keep moving the ring and keep it near to the ignition ring? What do I try next?

F150 XLT 4x4, 2002, ExtCab

Quick Reply: Bypass Module