Need someone to tell me something about the V8 FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2001, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need someone to tell me something about the V8 FIPK

What is the difference between the V8 intake and the V6, I know they make different sets for both, but they look dang similar to me. Is the Throttle body a different size or something? Because if I can get a cheap FIPK at Carparts.com for a V8 and hook it up to my v6 somehow I will do it. Let me know, thanks

------------------
I am the driver of BIG RED! '99 S/C, 4.2, 5 spd, XLT, Bright Red Clearcoat, Medium Graphite, 5 Spoke 16" Cast Aluminum wheels, Lund bug shield, Limo tint, Pendaliner.

Aim Screenname : Qwikranger

Audio:
Pioneer DEH-345 Head Unit, Infinity Reference 5x7's all around, Kenwood KAC-848 50x4 amp on them, MTX Thunderform loaded with two MTX 6000 8's, and an MTX Pro 75 x 2 Blue Thunder Amp bridged to 280 x 1 on those beasts.

Things I want:
1. Exhaust
2. Airaid intake
3. Superchip

Limiting my performance increases:
1. BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT!! $$$

Old 01-17-2001, 12:58 AM
Still not sure. Maybe if I could get a measurement on the Throttle Body opening for the V8's. Also, if I could be told how many sensors go into the unit itself, if their's an extra sensor the v8's have that I don't, I can fix that, but if I have one more than the v8's do, then that's no good.

------------------
I am the driver of BIG RED! '99 S/C, 4.2, 5 spd, XLT, Bright Red Clearcoat, Medium Graphite, 5 Spoke 16" Cast Aluminum wheels, Lund bug shield, Limo tint, Pendaliner.

Aim Screenname : Qwikranger

Audio:
Pioneer DEH-345 Head Unit, Infinity Reference 5x7's all around, Kenwood KAC-848 50x4 amp on them, MTX Thunderform loaded with two MTX 6000 8's, and an MTX Pro 75 x 2 Blue Thunder Amp bridged to 280 x 1 on those beasts.

Things I want:
1. Exhaust
2. Airaid intake
3. Superchip

Limiting my performance increases:
1. BEING A COLLEGE STUDENT!! $$$

Old 01-20-2001, 11:29 AM
i have a 99 150 with the 4.6 v8. i also have the k&n fipk. on the intake tube there are three ports for sensors.

1)idle air controller
2)pcv hose

both vertically inline close to the air intake manifold.

3)air temperature sensor

this is about halfway down the length of the tube.

the idle air and pcv connections are both male. the air temp sensor is a hole/grommet setup.

------------------
mr k
_ ________________ _
1999 f150 xlt ex-cab
4.6 triton v8
5 speed manual
3:55 rear
towing package
k&n f.i.p.k.
gibson swept side (o.o.)

Quick Reply: Need someone to tell me something about the V8 FIPK