Pace Edwards Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pace Edwards Problems

I've had my Pace Edwards Roll-Top for over a year and have had no big problems with it. I hadn't opened it in quite a while and went to open it the other day and it would only roll to about halfway back. I thought that it might be something stuck in the container at the front of the bed, so I took the top off of the container, nothing. I tried rolling the cover back and it just bowed up at the same point. I could get it to go all the way in if I worked the cover with the top off, but can't get it to work with the top on. Help anyone?

------------------
Big Blue -- 98' F-150 SC ORP, Deep Wedgewood Blue, 5.4L, short bed, billet grille, vent shades, duraliner, GTO headlight covers, Westin Sig. Series Chrome Nerf Bars, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Cover, Go-Rhino Chrome Brush Guard, PIAA 5 1/4", 34/12.00/16 Trail Cutters (Goodyear)

Old 01-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Sold mine in Dec for the same reason. The spring assy takes on a strain set. there is no provision to set pretension. Another big problem...The side guide rails were wearing a groove in the aluminum extrusion slats. Cant see it unless you take the bottom of the side guide. I taded mine off on a proper topper to get my bed length back.
Dave

------------------
97 F150 4x4 Ext Cab Long Box 4.6L Auto XLT Oxford White/Gold

Old 01-08-2001, 10:53 AM
Thumbs up

Should've bought a RETRAX. Haven't had a problem with either of mine.

Old 01-08-2001, 08:13 PM
I've had similar problems with mine and have found that the guide rails need periodic lubrication. In my case I have found the best product for that is G96 gun cleaner lubricant. It will not gum up or collect dirt and will prevent rust/corrosion. I tried WD40, CRX and white lithium grease. Nothing worked as well as the G96. The cover opens and closes very smoothly after treatment. You can find G96 in most sporting goods stores that sell gun cleaning products.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, I got my Superchip, waiting to get jumper problem fixed and chip installed.

Old 01-09-2001, 06:49 PM
Wink

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

------------------
Big Blue -- 98' F-150 SC ORP, Deep Wedgewood Blue, 5.4L, short bed, billet grille, vent shades, duraliner, GTO headlight covers, Westin Sig. Series Chrome Nerf Bars, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Cover, Go-Rhino Chrome Brush Guard, PIAA 5 1/4", 34/12.00/16 Trail Cutters (Goodyear)

Quick Reply: Pace Edwards Problems