code-alarm remote starters

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code-alarm remote starters

Hello all, I have just purchased a 2004 supercrew xlt 4X4. In the deal we got a bronze code-alarm (Ford's brand) remote starter thrown in. I get it installed at the dealers on Fri. I have heard that some remote starters cause some electrical problems. Has anyone experienced any ? I just hope the mechanic who installes it does it the right way. If there were any problems would I know it right away or does it take a while before the problems show up? Any info would help.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bhodi
Hello all, I have just purchased a 2004 supercrew xlt 4X4. In the deal we got a bronze code-alarm (Ford's brand) remote starter thrown in. I get it installed at the dealers on Fri. I have heard that some remote starters cause some electrical problems. Has anyone experienced any ? I just hope the mechanic who installes it does it the right way. If there were any problems would I know it right away or does it take a while before the problems show up? Any info would help.
Hi! I bought too just last month a 2005 supercrew f150 xlt. and i'm planning to install a remote start. As long as it was original ford products and reliable dealer it would not have any problem. the things that has a problem when you installed a non ford brand, and not properly coded your truck security code.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I have a code alarm remote system on my truck. Ive had it for about a month now and havent had any problems. As long as its installed properly, it should be all good. I had one on my old truck and never had any problems either. You will never own another vehicle without remote start if you live in cold weather.

The place who installed mine warranties the installation and product for lifetime too.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Triton_Tophe
I have a code alarm remote system on my truck. Ive had it for about a month now and havent had any problems. As long as its installed properly, it should be all good. I had one on my old truck and never had any problems either. You will never own another vehicle without remote start if you live in cold weather.

The place who installed mine warranties the installation and product for lifetime too.
Lucky for you!! Actually, I have my previous car with a remote start Alarm system. It has a paging system too, and I loved that model. Unfortunately, that model is not applicable to my new truck. So I need to have the Code Alarm Remote, Key Less Entry System with Vehicle Security.

Anyway, did you heard a backing sensor? Coz, I installed mine. And it was really easy to install. And works well, it helps me to protect my investment (my truck) on parking/backing.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I had the Ford Gold installed on my 03 truck after I got it.The mod was weak and it started up ok when the weather was hot,but on the real cold days it didn't work.They fixed it and it works great now.The gold has lifetime warranty for as long as I have the truck.Great range on it (2 blocks or better),the cost was about 300 and 300 labor.others I found some at 350 covered the install too and had a lifetime warranty.They have upgraded the code-alarms and they are even better now.I think it was money well spent for the system,I like having the remote start and now my wife wants one on her GMC too. Once you have it you can't live with out it

Old 12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
You won't have any electrical problems if it was installed well - the RS's integrate quite nicely. On the other hand, I know our dealers(WI) and we do have remote start season have little experience installing these things. And as a matter of fact, the business I used to work for used to troubleshoot dealer mess ups. THey would use T-Taps, not diode isolate anything, rats nest of wires inside dash area...

I don't mean to scare you. There are good installers out there, but who knows what you are getting until you see the install. If everything works well the first couple of hours you should be fine. The reason I say couple of hours - is because if something is wired incorectly you'd notice it right away, and any delays in functionality would show up with the GEM modules etc... getting feedback from the RS. That usually takes 1/2 hour when the thing goes to sleep.

You are more at risk of the installer screwing up your vehicles wiring, or regrinding your starter with the key once your truck is started - unless you have anti-grind enabled.

To sum my mumbojumbo up, if it works good the next day without any honks, alarms or CEL's you will be okay. Once installed and programmed, RS's run pretty reliably.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I had the remote starter installed yesterday, and it works great. The dealership even gave me the silver model instead of the bronze! Unexpected, but works for me! I was playing around with it today, and everything seems to work well. The parts guy said that the tech installing the romote starter has never had a "come back" so that made me feel better. :santa:

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 11:37 AM
I work at a directed dealer so i have the Viper 791 2way pager system start/alarm works great 1400 feet

Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 AM
I just purchased an alarm system with paging and remote start does anyone have a good diagram for installing it my self.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
There isn't really a diagram for remote starts. There are diagrams of the electrical starting and charging systems that will help you a little, but most of the time if you call the tech support line on the box they can look up and tell you which wires to connect where.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed01
I just purchased an alarm system with paging and remote start does anyone have a good diagram for installing it my self.
What alarm and what year/model vehicle. I can give you a step by step installation tailored to your vehicle.

Not only do I install for the Ford Accessory Division but also own my own business as well. I am an ex-Viper technition and have been installing professionally for 15 years.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Dude, I need KC on speed dial then! Where do you find such diagrams? Alldatas are decent, but not always fully there

Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I just know the ford trucks easily. All day I install on them.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
to all here

luckily one of you asked if anyone had problems with the remote starts,

check out my thread called remote start huge problems and welcome to my world

Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
I just know the ford trucks easily. All day I install on them.
KC, I've been reading a lot of these posts regarding the remote start option. I thought I read that after you use the remote start then when you get to your vehicle and open the door the engine shuts off and you have to start again with the key. Is that how they are supposed to work? Like the guys up north who like to prestart their vehicles in the winter to warm them up, I'd like to prestart my vehicle to cool it down, especially when we're into 95+ degree days. Also, does the RS do anything to the keyless entry option I have on my Platinum?

Quick Reply: code-alarm remote starters